UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Behaviour Tests

dibs

I've had a shitty day, spent mostly on the phone to TD's and Councillors to try to raise awareness about Deed not Breed. And then I come here and find that one is being stabbed in the back - not by politicians or the media - NO from its own peeps - rescue.

I find the whole idea absolutely appalling and it smacks of *making a name*. I am sick and tired of having to fight the muppets and the politicians but this one takes the biscuit.

Sarah

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesley, One question for you...

Can you be 100 percent sure, that not one of the council contacted with this idea have not thought "ooo that dog control order we wanted to put in but didnt because we might get grief...well now we can do it because we can exempt some dogs so get more support"

Can you say with 100 percent certainly that has not occured?

Its not about exempting dogs its about including them.

All councils are insured by the same company so once one bans they will all follow suit for fear of getting hit by a law suit.

Why not pre emp it and suggest something positive that works WITH people. you can get far more DNB education into people as well as spaying,general care. A lot of European contries run schemes.

Its a bit like a dog licence with a GCSE attached. Give a few vet discount vouchers and sachets of free dog food and you take out the fear factor. You also build a team of allies who love thier dogs who will support campaigns and discourage cruelty and puppy farming on estates.

Phone Dibs tommorow and have a chat

You didnt answer the question lesley.....

All councils are insured by the same company so once one bans they will all follow suit for fear of getting hit by a law suit.

Not the case... i recall somewhere a prosed ban...cant remember if actually went thro i think it did but it got lifted...all without exempting dogs.

Edited by Allie No Dots

Ive not spoken to any councils so I cant answer,Its Dibs thing. Phone her now if you want and ask.

Egar Im very surprised at your post. I fully support DNB and so does Dibs.

Yes its not good to be stabbed in the back by your own people which is rescue people and you have just done it

Not the case... i recall somewhere a prosed ban...cant remember if actually went thro i think it did but it got lifted...all without exempting dogs.

Which is great but there needs to be more people with dogs who understand the problems and get an education to join in against proposed bans.

I have dogs that could potentially be included in bans so Im not viewing this lightly

Ive not spoken to any councils so I cant answer,Its Dibs thing. Phone her now if you want and ask.

You would take the councils word for it?! Face it the email or whatever has probably made them think that. I thought several others have. First thought in fact. Its highly possible that will be the result of this scheme and that is not what we are about. Bull breed adviosry service based on a majority vote (ones slacking so we aint checked her thoughts yet lol) Do NOT support this and will not support it and will fight it if need be.... for the record.

I really don't have any idea what the issues are here but as Dibs is currently not around I am going to lock this for a while

Dibs if you PM a Host when you are online than it can be reopened

however , what ever the issue is , may be , seems to be etc etc there is no excuse for any name calling or poor behaviour on any ones part

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel
posted at the same time as Pheobejo