UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Mccanns

ClazUK

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if the arguido status was declared as a way of preventing the McCanns discussing the case on their return home (and possibly making the Portuguese Police look bad) - seems convenient how they were rushed in for questioning a day or so before they had planned to leave. Only speculation though, as is most of what's circulating at the moment...

As was stated this morning by Mr Mccann's sister, Madeleine is out there somewhere, all energy should be directed at finding her - hopefully alive.

As was stated this morning by Mr Mccann's sister, Madeleine is out there somewhere, all energy should be directed at finding her - hopefully alive.

This is so very true and the negativity and dark imaginings of some people are doing nothing to help reunite Madeleine with her mum and dad. If people are unable to find it within themselves to send loving positive thoughts to the "situation" then please don't send anything. I believe thoughts are energy and sending such negativity out into the Cosmos does nothing to help anyone. That includes the people transmitting it. Please stay positive everyone and hope that whatever has happened to Maddie, she is found.

I'll be lighting a candle for this little girl and her parents this morning and praying once again for her return and for her family too.

I believe thoughts are energy and sending such negativity out into the Cosmos does nothing to help anyone. That includes the people transmitting it. Please stay positive everyone and hope that whatever has happened to Maddie, she is found.

I'll be lighting a candle for this little girl and her parents this morning and praying once again for her return and for her family too.

I'm sorry. I haven't joined in this so far, but I can't let this pass. I can't seriously believe that negative thoughts or whatever in the Cosmos are going to affect that little girl's chances. That is similar to the assertion that people who are ill have a better chance when others pray for them. So - if you are friendless or isolated, or you're a baby with a non-religious family, you have less chance of survival because the deity hasn't had enough support messages in your name?

I respect other people's choices. If some believe that lighting a candle is a positive aid to finding the child, then so be it. I would ask, though - does it matter whether people are suspicious, or lighting candles? The result is the same. The child is still missing. Neither suspicion nor candles will bring her back, but we're free to indulge in both. I believe that candle-lighting, prayers and other rituals are a comfort, but I hope they don't have powers beyond that, for the reasons I've given.

Incidentally, no-one here has been extreme in their thoughts; I'd say a few are sceptical, that's all, and while we are neither judge nor jury, it's always sensible to keep an open mind - and that includes the minds of the so-called positive posters. We don't know any of these people. We only know as much as we're allowed to read. This (contro) is a place where posters are allowed to air their views, and where one person's intuition may be as vauable as another's.

Meanwhile, the police have to use their darkest imaginings in every crime they encounter; otherwise, no crime would ever be solved without a confession. They can't afford to say it isn't nice, or kind, or positive to suspect parents of crimes against children; they've seen too much.

Wherever she is, and whatever her fate, this child, and all the other missing children, are the chief concern and I see nothing on here which denies that. Her family has lost a precious member, and they must all be desperate to get to the truth.

Actually Amanda is correct - thoughts are creative.

There is no correct or incorrect. None of this (religion, whatever) is open to proof. We all have beliefs, and no-one should assume anything from what I say on here. I defend everyone's right to think, muse, suspect, sympathise; that is all.

If there is a defence to my worries about un-prayed for babies, for example, I'd like to hear them. The universe is a mystery; I'd be the first to admit that. I think we humans have a need to understand, though, and we often simplify things so that they become comprehensible to us.

Me included, obviously. :flowers:

Actually i'm sitting on the fence with this one, they were wrong to leave their children imho, but i am confused over this DNA found in the car they hired 25 days after their daughters disappearance, since Madelaine went missing the press have been sat in there pockets so surely they would have seen them retrieve her body from wherever they hid it and put in the car to hide some where else, just does'nt make sense to me.

Actually i'm sitting on the fence with this one, they were wrong to leave their children imho, but i am confused over this DNA found in the car they hired 25 days after their daughters disappearance, since Madelaine went missing the press have been sat in there pockets so surely they would have seen them retrieve her body from wherever they hid it and put in the car to hide some where else, just does'nt make sense to me.

Sorry to quote you but I'm woth you 100% on this - Yes in my humble opinion they were very wrong to leave their children but ignoring all the suppositions - you made a decision and it ended one way or the other in this disasterous outcome - is that not enough torture to live with for the rest of your life?

just read on line that the dna recoved from the boot of the car was in the well where the spare tyre was kept and that it may not be blood.

apparently "too much" hair was found for it not to have come direct from the little girl in the same place and as phoebejo mentioned, they say they can tell from this hair and dna (tested in UK) if sedatives were used.

one of the reports i read said the little girl was not seen after 5pm that day by anyone other than her parents and it insinuated her parents could have taken her from the apartment, prior to going out with friends - though i find that hard to swallow as they would have to be damned good actors to sit and eat a meal and act normally with friends if that was the case.

there is a huge part of me that desperatley wants to believe that parents cannot be capable of hurting their daughter and i would like nothing more for madaleine to be found safe, but, i admit there is a tiny niggle in me that just doesnt sit right where the parents are concerned since day one.

what i find most "odd" for want of a better word, is that a large party of well educated people dinned out every night in a country that wasnt their home, all leaving thier young children in appartments unsupervised and only one took the trouble to carry a baby monitor.

bad enough to leave any child(ren) alone in a house, but in a strange house, in a strange country, where the childrens own language isnt spoken locally, well, enough said im sure.

time and evidence will no doubt tell the truth if the parents are in any way involved.

I don't much keep up with the news other than fleetingly on the radio - did they definitely give her something to make her sleep, absolute fact? :unsure:

Is anything definate about this case? One of the things the police kept saying to her was if she had accidently given her more than they intended so that she would sleep while they were out eating.