UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Blythe

GSDFan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poo :GroupHug: it's not going to be an easy decision either way but I think if it were one of mine I'd be giving the meds for both conditions a go. If you let her go now you'll spend the next god knows how long wondering if you made the right choice.

Only you know Blythe though and only you know if she could manage for a little while longer while you try.

Well, we're back.

Blythe is going to start on Cushings medication this evening. We've had a huge long and complicated chat, most of which I suspect has gone straight over my head and I'll be asking Sian lots more questions over the next few days or weeks.

The medication may or may not work. If it is going to work we will see some significant improvement in her health in the next 2 months.

I feel that in the state she is in we cannot allow it to go on longer than 2 months so if she is still unwell on 30 October, we will have tried everything we can possibly try and she will be pts.

Please think of her over the next few days and weeks and help her to get better, she's such a lovely girl and deserves a few more decent years.

On a brighter note - she is such a funny girl. We were waiting in reception today and there was no one in the consulting room so the door was open. When Sian came in through the back door into the consulting room and said 'Hello' Blythe shot in there to see her friend. Everytime she goes to the Vet she has needles stuck in her and other unpleasant things done but she just loves going.

Sorry to hear she has Cushings as well as diabetes. I haven't experience of either in a dog so can't give any advice. Hoping you can find others with the same troubles in their dogs to discuss further. Hope the treatment helps her in the meantime and sending tons of positive and healing thoughts to her. :GroupHug:

So sorry to hear this Jackie :GroupHug:

Blythe is the second GSD I've heard of recently with problems, the other one is a rescue I nearly took but couldn't because I had just taken on a problem dog so a friend of mine stepped in. I had Jess here for a few weeks when the first got him while they were on holiday and didn.t want to leave him in the rescue, sadly after having a major op to remove part of his colon he has now been diagnosed with Anal furunculosis and prognosis is not good.

Hope things improve for Blythe and you :flowers: :flowers: