UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Wish Poppy A Safe Journey To The Bridge

Wendbert

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. It's not really sinking in just yet :( :mecry: :mecry:

The vet said that Poppy was filling up with fluid again and her heart just couldn't cope anymore. Apparently when they did the drain on Wednesday they struggled to get the 3 litres of fluid and had given the antibiotics as the vet was worried that Pops might have got an infection as they had put the needle in so many places :(

She could have had a diuretic injection, but her heart just wasn't strong enough anymore and the right side was already not working. I didn't want Poppy to pass away in her sleep, I wanted her last thought to be me holding her, telling her how much I love her and that she can sleep peacefully now, up at the Bridge, with Gdog taking care of her again.

I knew it was going to be so hard to say goodbye, but I just wasn't prepared for just how hard it would be. I knew in my heart that Pops was tired and as much as I wanted there to be something else, some other little miracle that would keep her with me a bit longer, she was just too tired to carry on. Poppy was so special, so sweet and kind, I knew I was the centre of her world and I will be forever grateful for Fionna at Lizzies Barn for letting me adopt Poppy.

I didn't want Poppy to pass away in her sleep, I wanted her last thought to be me holding her, telling her how much I love her and that she can sleep peacefully now, up at the Bridge, with Gdog taking care of her again.

She passed away feeling safe and loved with you at her side. You did the right, unselfish and kindest thing you could for her. You're so brave and my heart goes out to you :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: So very sorry Wendy to hear the sad news, just think of the happy times and all the love and care you have been able to give her since adopting her. You have been wonderful :GroupHug:

Run free Poppy and say hello to all my girls and boys at the bridge :wub: :wub:

So very, very sorry to hear the news :mecry: :mecry:

Poppy was the most wonderful doglet and we feel very privileged to have met her.

Her love for you Wendy and yours for her shone out :wub: :wub:

You gave her such a wonderful life with you after her poor start and it was obvious that she knew that :flowers: .

Nothing can prepare us for this day, but she has gone to the Bridge in the best possible way, with you by her side, holding her and telling her you love her.

Sleep tight beautiful girl :angel: :angel:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for you Wendy