UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2 Rdr Rotties Are At Risk Of Being Pts

Mrs Mop

I always help with transporting where I can but i work during the week so its sometimes difficult. :glare:

My best one was last year and me and Ally took two massive boxers down to Lincolnshire in my little fiesta. :biggrin: we stopped at a services and got a lecture from a woman who told us how to handle boxers....

I'll put something as a news item on the OC homepage later appealing for new transporters - I think I'm right in saying that Jacobean shares her transport volunteer information with other rescues so hopefully this may help to get new, non-forum people involved in transporting.

I love transporting dogs and when I had a break from work a couple of years ago I transported loads. Now I'm back at work, my OH Paul has taken over and done quite a few runs now. When I get home I can always tell when he's transported dogs because he has a big smile on his face. Like this :biggrin:

Come on folks - transporting makes you feel good and it saves lives. Could there be anything better than that?

Thanks for sharing your stories folks as it might just help someone who could be thinking of doing this who isn't sure.

Yes you're right Jo. I do share my information with other rescues. I do ask for the individuals permission first though.

I actually started out in rescue transporting dogs. It's lovely to meet the dogs that people are talking about on the forums. They stay in your heart and when you hear updates of their new lives it's such a fantastic feeling.

Come on you newbies you know you want to try it. It's no different from transporting your own dogs. Guidelines are given to folk who want to help and co-ordinators give you as much information as they have available on the dogs and are always on hand with advice. The runs can take some time to put together but on the day go like clockwork. It really is an enjoyable experience and it's good to know that you can help rescue out.

There is a lot of need and not enough help to go around.

I love transporting :biggrin: The important thing is to get everything secure. The only problem I have had is passengers being sick or pooing, and that is no problem if you go equipped with loads of kitchen roll and wet wipes and plastic bags, and collect old sheets and towels and plastic sheeting to line your car. The back of mine is lined with carpet tiles which I can easily remove and wash. After an episode with a squitty OES poundie I now carry disposable gloves as well.

It is great meeting so many dogs and people :biggrin: and great when you get updates.

DSCF1053.jpg

Marion you are a BAD person. Embarrassing poor Sam like that!

I had a supply of poo bags in the car - I could have given you one if you'd been capable of asking and not splitting your sides laughing at the sight of Sam leaping around in the front, Darcy gazing out of the side and Ewan (now Lily!) peering over the tailgate as I disappeared onto the M6!

Diane

Awwwwwwwww I'm sorry Sam :GroupHug:

I couldn't help laughing Diane, it looked soooooooooo funny when you drove off :biggrin: .

I ran out of poo bags in the house and pinched my car supply. Got more supplies in then forgot to put the car ones back. It was okay I snaffled a plastic bag from a kind lady in the services.

Look forward to the pics Bernie, you could of done them before going to Morrisons. :biggrin:

Didn't have a crate large enough to fit these 2 in so thought right, they can each enter the car though opposite side doors for safety and be clipped to the D rings, 'WRONG'. Ashley jumped in and Claire thought , well he's not going without me so quickly followed him. He immediately cocked his leg and thought the back of the folded down seats was a good place to pee. Luckily I had covered them so they stayed dry. I quickly ran round to the opposite side of the car and clipped him in while Helen clipped Claire in and we were off. Both travelled quite well, though Ashley was the more restless of the 2, he kept trying to catch the moving cold air coming out of the rear air vents. We had an uneventful journey to Roden and on arrival after booking them in two staff members were waiting to get them out of the car and rushed them off to the kennel block, I followed to see where they were going and they have been kenneled together. Sorry no pics folks only this from the site. Poor Claire is quite thin, the puppies she has obviously recently had must have taken all her nutrition. For some reason I felt really sorry for these two, maybe it's because I didn't have a chance to give them cuddles on arrival as I usually do, or maybe it's because they possibly thought they might be going home and not to another kennel, I don't know but they certainly stole my heart.

Claire and Ashley.

269320279.jpg

Edited by Bernie

Well done Bernie Yet again, and thank goodness they are safe. Hopefully Roden will get them sorted and on their way to a new home soon.

Brodie came from Roden, so we know it well.

Thanks RDR for stepping up to the table yet again.

Good luck Ashley and Claire

Alison

Edited by Brodies Mum