UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Greyhound Hit By Train

Fee

Poor Cassie :(

I didn't hear them name the rescue in the video, but they did say Cassie's at Leeds Emergency Vet Surgery, Morley. Have googled and found:

Leeds Emergency Vets

Commercial Street

Morley

Leeds

LS27 8AG

Tel: 0113 252 5818

Fax:0113 238 3002

Email:[email protected]

If anyone wants to make a donation, I guess you can do it through the vets :unsure:

Ive just had a long chat with Brian and they are getting lots of offers of help BUT as is always in this situation what is offered and how much you cannot tally.

The vets bills for just the fracture itself are looking at being around £1000 and there is other injuries that need attending to and getting her back on her feet. She is brighter this morning and a little fighter!

If anyone wants to help Cassie donations need to be sent by cheque payable to Whitehall Dog Rescue and stated that its to help Cassie.

Hopefully Brian may already have a current adopter of theirs willing to offer her a home when she is well enough but the offer has also been made should it not work out that we would be happy to help him with homing as a fall back.

If the bill is still higher than the money raised Gap will help with it also or maybe perhaps pay for her once she is back up on her feet to have hydrotherapy if needed.

Addresses for cheques....

Whitehall Dog Rescue

Greenacres

Cave Lane

East Ardsley

Wakefield

WF3 2BB.

Lets hope they get all the help needed Brian is a wonderful man who works tirelessly for the dogs in his care and is certainly pulling out all the stops to give Cassie this chance.

Edited by Lisa73

SWT has sent £250 from our emergency fund. I so hope she can heal and find a happy, loving home. Brian was really touched by everyone's response when I spoke to him. He also mentioned that the vet said Cassie had been lying there with those hideous injuries for at least 24 hours :GroupHug: .

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I can only get this page to open with errors (can see text but nothing actually plays on mine) but as over on Greyhound Gap others have commented on what they can see you may have more luck than I.

Apparently Cassie is recovering well and now walking again :biggrin:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_69...p=rm&news=1

Edited by Ian