UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Skye Is In The Vets.

ranirottie

my Irish rescue Dobermann girl Skye is in the vets. I went up the stables this morning and she looked off colour. She hadn't touched her breakfast and was quiet.So we seperated her from Sabre and put her in her own stable with her armchair. When I went back after lunch she looked very lethargic, dehydrated and her membranes were pale so we took her straight to the vets. She had a temperature of 104.5 and was quite dehydrated so we left her asleep in her cage on a drip. I just phoned and they said that they think she just has a virus. There has been no diarrhoea or sickness,no coughing etc and her temperature is coming down slowly so hopefully it is nothing serious. She is normally so happy and boingy so it was sad to see her so quiet. Please send good thoughts for her. x

Just heard from the vet,Skye's temperature is back to normal and they have pushed lots of fluid through but she is still very "flat" so they are keeping her in overnight. They said that a temperature as high as that can knock the stuffing out of them for a couple of days. They said that she could come home if I really wanted to keep the costs down but I would rather she stay there until they know that she is ok. I will just have to use the money thats put by for my stable rent and the farmer will have to wait because Skye is more important x