UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New To The Refuge

Lynne

I'm Lynne, recently moved to Middlesex from NE Scotland with my two kids, hubby, dog and two cats. Sadly I'm looking for a new home for my Pup. I love him to bits, but my 4 year old son is autistic and I just dont have the extra time to give Jasper (my Lhasa) at the moment and its not goign to get better any time soon. I feel awful - I've never NOT had a dog, but I've always had time to give them the love and attention they deserve and I think J needs more cuddles and more walking adn just more attention in general than I can give atm.

Gutted though so really hope we find him a fabulous new home.

Lynne

Welcome Lynne :flowers:

Sorry you're having to give Jasper up - as a fellow Lhasa owner I know how gutting that must be - they're adorable! (i so wish i had the room!!)

Pics of all the family would be lovely! :flowers:

I would LOVE to keep him but I know its just not fair on him and he's miserable on the days he doesn't get a proper walk or much cuddles. He has a fantastic temperament too and is well behaved. Only thing he doesn't do is come when called when he's off the lead, but to be honest he would be easily trained to do so, but because I usually have my son in the buggy with us when we're out I dont have the chance to train him to come back!

Pics of Jasper and my two puddycats can be found at:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/6070114

Lynne x

welcome to the refuge :flowers: i'm sorry you have to re home your pup, as a fellow mum of a child on the autism spectrum i know how hard life can be sometimes, juggling family, pets and running a home :GroupHug:

Thanks Phoenix. I think when we were in Scotland it was doable because my nephew walked Jasper daily for me and I had family to help out with the kids. L is on the lower functioning end of the spectrum and I think I'm his obssession - he's like my third arm LOL so now we've moved so far away from everyone else Jasper just doesn't get the attention. I think once L is a lot older we'll get another dog, but not for at least 5-6 years.

Lynne

• 3 weeks later...