UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Am So Very Proud

staffymad

Every now and again we all get this sinking feeling that we are fighting against the odds and every now and again we loose. So when we win in a situation that is rather bleak, it makes us feel well a tad proud I guess.

I received a email from a welsh rescue asking if we could help with this little man -

staffycrossboy.jpg

He was found at the river Taff by some kids and given to a woman who was walking her dog. She reported this to the dogwarden and police and took him home. Sadly her own dog hated him and her friend looked after this boy instead. Now she didn't want him any longer and he had only a couple of days for someone to take him and then he would go to the pound :mecry: Anyone working with rescues knows that a dog his age and breed would never come back out of there as a hand in :mecry: :mecry:

As soon as I saw his picture I fell apart as he looks so much like my beloved Tango, now at the bridge but also saved from a pound aged 15 in wales. :(

I didn;t think we would stand a chance but I must have seem to have forgotten what fantastic people supprt the Oldies Club and dispite the odds, a fantastic couple has come forward and offered to foster him until he finds a home :partytime: :partytime:

This boy hasn't even got a name so as a reward we have left this task to his new foster home and I am sure they will update us here as soon as they have decided. :)

I am so very proud to belong to a group who has such fantastic volunteers, our home checkers, transporters, poster putter upper, foster carer, adopters and anyone who helps spreading the word.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU from me and I am sure everyone else at the oldies club. Thanks to you guys, dogs like this old man get another chance :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Cindy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Cindy I'm so pleased this beautiful little boy is safe. I know how upset you have been, from snippits of what you've said, trying to sort this out. You must have been gutted along the way. Huge relief all round. Thank God he's safe. Well done everyone. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

We all get cheesed off with all of this from time to time when things get too much or too upsetting. Then we have a reminder why we put ourselves through all of the headache and heartache. This is it.

Edited by Jacobean

He's coming to us, he's coming to us.

We are very pleased to have him, really can't wait. If he wasn't so far away I'd drive down today and get him :rolleyes:

I can only say how lucky I am to have such support from my OH.

We shall let you know when / how he gets here, and of course his name.

We are very pleased to have him, really can't wait. If he wasn't so far away I'd drive down today and get him :rolleyes:

Thank you so much. :flowers:

Can't wait to hear updates about him, and of course his new name! :)

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

We will need lots of pic of too :flowers: :flowers: