UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Breast Feeding In Public

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to breast feed my first baby but I never managed it, the hospital were no help either. They had me in tears daily.

When I had second I did succeed, different hospital and lots of help. I fed her in all sorts of places, discretely of course. Multi storey car parks, Bournemouth esplanade are two I can name, it's almost 21 years ago so I'm a bit hazy.

I'm all for it.

Of course it's the right thing to do. The alternative is for everybody to be subjected to the cries of a screaming baby. I've breastfed my last two babies. I fed Emily for two years, Georgia is 15 months old and still booby fed. Over the years I've heard all the breastfeeding arguments time and time again and I've yet to be shown one single good reason why I should not feed my babies in public.

Last year I took the kids racing at Towcester. Emily ran off with the camera and I later found she'd taken this photo of me and Georgia feeding. I bet nobody at Towcester knew what I was doing :laugh:

Pic021-2.jpg

I've fed my babies in a variety of public places and not one person has commented on it.

It's a *natural*, benifical and normal way of feeding children, which sometimes means that they need to be fed in public and so its fine. People that disagree with it or want women sectioned off in restaurants/public spaces, so they can't "see it" have a real problem, listening to some of the comments on Jeremy Vine the other week I was gobsmacked, especially the ones from women!! :angry:

Totally fine as long as it's discreet. A friend of mine insisted on getting her veiny baps out in full view which was a bit uncomfortable but as long as it's now all on show then I think you should be able to do it wherever and whenever you need to.

Totally fine as long as it's discreet. A friend of mine insisted on getting her veiny baps out in full view which was a bit uncomfortable but as long as it's now all on show then I think you should be able to do it wherever and whenever you need to.

I totally agree with the above, I breast fed my Son now 7 in many places.

I breast fed all 3 of my children. In the late 1980's it wasn't the 'done thing' in public places, we were supposed to go to the public loo! Would you eat your dinner in a public loo?

I was always ready with an argument if anyone objected when I (discretely) fed my children in public, thankfully I never had cause to use it.

My local paper this week depicted a lady who was thrown out of a cafe for breast feeding mothers because she was bottle feeding! :angry: