UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Am Now Worried

Anniegirl

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much change with Pumpkin this morning :( . The vets have now agreed that her neck is stiff so she is going to have her spinal fluid tested along with x-rays etc to make sure it isn't anything else. The only problem is, they cannot test the spinal fluid there so it has to go off to be tested and they said we might not get the results until Monday :angry: :angry: When I asked if she could start the steroid treatment today they didn't seem to think it was a good idea. My OH is going down this afternoon to get some answers. He is used to dealing with medical people and will not let them dismiss his views and will make sure that she is on the best treatment possible. I am not saying that we know better then the vets but the signs look more and more like meningitis to us and other people who have been through it. As she clearly isn't responding to the anti-biotics then trying something else seems logical.

Unfortunately the vet who is an expert on the disease in Tollers in on holiday :(

I spoke to the nurse who was with her over night and said her temp came down but it went back up again but she had loads of fuss and love which is good.

Edited by Anniegirl

Thank you for that it is very useful :flowers: . Janine Redman is the vet whose details I gave our vets yesterday but unfortunately she is on holiday. I know my vet did some surfing last night to get some more information so hopefully she has seen the article.

I will print it out and take it up when we go and visit Pumps later on.

OH has as just been to see the vet and is not very happy. They have put the sample in the post, when he asked did they realise there was a postal strike tomorrow, they said oh yes but they will still deliver won't they :ohmy: :angry: So I hate to think how long it will be before we get the results.

They said the sample came out clear and if there was any major cause for concern it would have been yellowy in colour so she is still on anti-biotics but the strongest she can be on. He white cell count is very high which would indicate an infection so they don't want to take her off them at the moment as going onto steroids would do more harm. So we are carrying on with the wait and see what happens game :( .

On the bright side OH has been to see her and dispite the fact she has just come round she was very bright and happy but with no hair on her neck.