UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Little Irish Pup Brings Happiness

flukespad

This is such a sad but lovely story we just had to share it with you all. :x

Storm came to us as a rescue last year and was only with us a few weeks when we knew he was ill.Storm has a strain of sarcoma, its the fatal kind and was diagnosed back in October after having two biopsies. At that point he was given around 6 weeks to live, it was a devastating blow for us as we had only adopted Storm in August, from a lady who could not cope with him and his behaviour problems, and having had cancer 3 times myself I knew the pain and discomfort he would be in. I always think Storm thought of himself more as a human than a dog, and when he came to us he was treated like a well deserved dog.

Storm was our first dog, my partner and I had adopted, so we knew there was going to be some hard work involved as Storm is 6 years old and probably the same size as me when he stands on his back legs! But he was never hard work, he was obedient, understanding, and my best friend.

After Christmas, as you can imagine we were very surprised to still have storm with us, my partner and I felt that even though we knew we could not replace Storm we would like to get another dog, in fact a puppy. We was not sure how storm would feel about this, and we always said that storm would have to come first, due to being ill. So we adopted a puppy from 4Pawz

uslouis.jpg

I remember bringing the puppy home......he was so frightened in the car on the way home he was sick from both ends everywhere. When I brought him inside, both of us being covered in his sick, I placed him on the floor so that I could get a towel, and when I turned around, there was storm, cleaning Lewis like it was his duty. In fact the two have become like father and son. Its the most amazing relationship I have ever seen. Lewis can be a right handful for Storm, but storm never moans, never tells Lewis off, he showers Lewis with kisses all the time, he cleans him when he has been out side, and gives up his favourite bones and balls for him. He never growls at Lewis when he tries to eat out of his food bowl as well as his own! The best thing is storm plays like he has never played before! its so wonderful to watch and makes us laugh all the time, when storm has his mad half hour and acts the same age as Lewis, as big as he is, he is jumping round the garden chasing Lewis, my partner and I fall about laughing.

stormLewis.jpg

We have to take it day by day with storm. There are days when he does not want to move about much, (please don't get me wrong, storm is not in any pain yet, and I take him to the vets for a weekly check up to make sure of this) I m sure Lewis has kept him going longer on that fact alone( every time we see the vet, they are very surprised and amazed he is still alive).

storm.jpg

It will be devastating for Lewis when storm eventually does pass away, and we intend to get another dog immediately when he does. We know we can never replace him but with Lewis being so young, it will be like loosing a best friend and a parent for him which we feel could have a real affect on him at this age, we know it would affect us.

So I keep in contact with Stevie & Pauline as I will be returning for my third dog........

Bonnie and Ian

strom.jpgstrom1.jpg

strom2.jpgstrom3.jpg

oh how wonderful! :GroupHug:

Looks and sounds like Lewis is the best medicine Storm could possibly have :wub:

With a relationship like you clearly have, you would know if Storm was in pain, it doesn't take a vet to know, they tell us.

Sending Reiki if he wants it.