UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Need Your Help

Brunzara

From experience one of the reasons I don't do more transports is that usually it's more than one dog, and I have a saloon vehicle which means dogs can't easily be separated, limiting me to runs with only one dog :(

I wouldn't hold it against you if you used funds to get these babies to safety.

I also agree with Marion in that sometimes, it's not the amount of time spent transporting, it's the cost.

When I'm flush, I do try to help but I'm not always that flush these days.

Sadly as well, daytime runs are hard for me as I need my sleep for my night shifts.

I'm usually not up to much on Monday and Tuesday nights after 6pm ish, so it's a shame more couldn't be done in the evenings.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs must and all that. If you need to spend money to get dogs from A to B, then that's what you have to do. It's a shame that so much money may need to be shelled out for transport but sadly you do have to do what you think is best.

Thank you :flowers:

Sometimes there are people out there that could help with transport runs but can't afford to do it. It's not that they don't want to help or feel that they should have costs refunded, not everyone can afford the petrol. Maybe offer to pay minimum petrol costs?

We have said this in the past and will always cover people's petrol if need be but we will start putting it on the original post :)

There are lots of animal boards on the internet, why aren't you posting on them asking for transport help?

Because we only secured the spaces today and I didn't get home from work until 6pm (ish) and have been busy since then and we have to confirm by the morning :)

Edited by Brunzara

but I'm not always that flush these days.

Me either lately, with OH starting his new job I'm waiting to see how it goes so am trying not to splash out. That's why I've taken on a bit of work which I'm doing all this week and most of July.

I can't go too far either as I have to see to the dogs if I can't get someone to walk them (my usual walker has started back work part time too).

I've not donated in a while (sorry) but would expect you to spend any money how you see fit Coryn.

My personal opinion:

If I trust a rescue enough to give them my hard earned dosh, I trust them to use that money, to benefit the dogs, any way they feel is necessary.

I've looked at the runs and can't help with a single one of them - if it gets the dogs to safety, go for it.

At one time I didn't have to worry too much about the cost of the fuel on a transport run but things have changed and I am sure that others are like me, they don't like taking money from a rescue to cover the cost of their fuel. When I fostered Stella I had to change my ideas pretty quick, going in the car used to really stess her and for others to transport her would have made this worse. I ended up doing 4 runs to the vets for Stella, 65 miles per run.

It is a lot cheaper for a rescue to pay for fuel than it is for transporting these dogs so please, if you don't have the money for the fuel, tell them, most will pay fuel costs for these runs.

Unfortunately these runs are the wrong side of the country for me.

Whilst you don't have unlimited funds, I think £165.00 is a small amount to pay to save four dogs lives. From what we read, places for bull breeds or crosses are really hard come by. It would be awful to loose these places and the poor dogs have to be kennelled for even longer, thus having to say no to others ending up in the pound situation.

I also think something good has come from this thread in as much as those who can volunteer their time but cannot afford fuel costs,may now feel more able to say so.

Just sent some Paypal help but stupid me seems to have bought 'nothing'. The money has however gone through as I checked.

Edited by BrackenMc

Just wanted to say a very big Thank You Coryn, your lovely letter and great newsletter (more like a mini book) arrived this morning.

I can take the letter into Mum on her birthday along with a printout of the July calender as it it her birthday present from us.

The happiness it will give my Mum to know that she has helped give a dog safety is beyond measure.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Kathy :flowers: