simikins

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever feel like a dog has been 'sent'?

How's it going?

I like the name Sebastian but then I was a Brideshead Revisited fan.

And it's a song by Cockney Rebel :biggrin:

Could you not live with 'Seb'?

Edited by ClazUK

Well it does look like he is staying, it is going to cost us a small fortune for his food [about £50.00 a month], his tablets are cheap though, i could cope with Seb as a name OH does'nt like it so we may change it to Zeb :rolleyes: He is a bit of a handful, but mainly due to the fact he is hungry all the time, the bin has now been hidden, we have to watch as he tries to lick clean the plates in the sink :glare: , so far no probs with Tac and Ellie, but i think Tac may have to have a little scrap with him soon, just because he can!

Well it does look like he is staying, it is going to cost us a small fortune for his food [about £50.00 a month]

What food is he on, Penny? Just wondering if I can get it through my wholesaler for you.

So glad it seems to be working out :flowers:

Hills prescription diet u/d.

He will hungry on that diet- dals are large, muscley dogs.

Check with your vet, but you may be able to bulk it up with veg.

The post on private homings for Dell, a dally who has had an operation to remove stones, states that he can have Burns maintenance. Perhaps you could ask your vet to look into that.

You can get the prescription diets from the online chemists, usually at a cheaper price than from the vets

Edited by blackmagic

He is lovely. Try looking on the burns website to see if its suitable www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk on the bit about dietetic feeding. Also there is a BARF diet suitable for Dals with crystals, and a yahoo group whattofeedmy dal or something like that. You might get some better ideas from there.

Jessy

He is just gorjuss :wub: :wub: :wub:

I agree re the looking into other options thing - vets will obviously try and get you to feed a food that they sell which they can put a mark up on. You could contact Burns for advice, they are usually very helpful and will send you samples out. You could also get the Hills online cheaper than the vets will sell it for :flowers: