UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts For My Cairn Oldie Girl

Dog Rescue Lover

Can my oldie girl, Lucy, have some healing thoughts please?

She wasn't herself yesterday and was very quiet and subdued. When I picked her up last night to take her to bed, she wimpered and cried. When I got up this morning, she refused to get out of her bed and seemed to have problems moving her rear end. When I tried to pick her up she cried as if it was hurting her :unsure:

I coaxed her out of bed (it took about 20 minutes) and she went downstairs on her own (no crying or limping). she went to the loo with no problems and everything was normal, but she still wasn't herself. so, I made an appoinment and took her to the vets this morning (shes 13 in July, so I didn't want to risk leaving her too long). They think she has an upset tummy or an infection of some sort, but its difficult to diagnose as her temperature is normal, he couldn't feel a blockage (but he didn't want to feel to hard as it was obviously uncomfortable for her) and he didn't think it was her back or her back legs as she wasn't showing signs of discomfort when he was moving them or pressing on her back.

Shes got to have a bland diet tonight and see how she is tomorrow. If shes still the same, we've got an appointment booked for tomorrow evening and we'll take her back and discuss whether we have her x-rayed, blood tests etc. If shes better, we can just cancel the appointment.

Shes a very special girl and never complains about going to the vets or having injections. I know if people send her healing thoughts, this will have a positive effect on her - thanks :flowers:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will send Reiki for Lucy :flowers: :GroupHug: You might like to put a request in the Reiki thread in the health section on here (in the behaviour bit) too. Do you have a photo of her you can share?

Thank you, I will later when I'm back home (meant to be working now). I'll put a photo up of her then too. Husband is at home looking after her at the moment :wub:

Thank you everyone. She is looking a bit brighter, but I don't know if thats because of the painkiller injection she had earlier. Hopefully she'll have a quiet, restful night and be much better in the morning. Shes just had a bowl of rice and roast chicken and is now asleep on the chair next to me :wub:

This is my little girl, doing what she loves best:

100_0448.jpg