UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Greyhound Pedigrees

Fee

I know we did this ages ago, but seeng the handsome Shadow's birthday thread I thought it might be fun to have another look and see if we have any greyhound relatives on the forum. :)

This is Mollys pedigree - I guess she's bound to be related to a few other dogs via the very prolific Linda's champion, who is her grandsire on both sides of her line. It would be interesting to know if there are any other connections.

Mollys_Pedigree.jpg

And my gorgeous girl herself - she is now 13 and has been with us 10 years :wub: :wub:

Molly3.jpg

Oeer 'ere we go........

Linda's Champion and Sand Man are Ollie's Gt Grandparents. The similarity obviously goes backwards, but nothing else forwards. By my reckoning that makes them at least cousins probably twice or three times removed, but I have never understood that really. Ollie was born in 1996.

Small world ain't it?

I'm afraid I only get excited about immediate family nowadays. I don't know how the hell you work it out, but if you look at the number of dogs these prolific stud dogs have sired (I've seen a couple at the 5000 mark) then see how many of their offspring have sired, then the chances of your greyhound being related to any random greyhound is probably about 50%

I get depressed looking at those figures. It's taken us 5 years or hard graft and heartache to rehome 250 dogs. Meantime dogs like Tom's The Best (5148) and Spiral Nikita (6232) have sired over 11,000 dogs in a similar time. It's an indication of how bloody futile our work really is :(