UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tara Has Arrived In Foster Care!

Schmew

Hi all,

Just a quick note to introduce Tara, who arrived today :biggrin:

I'm not sure how big the cocker spaniels are in North Shields, but this lady is more collie size with a touch of GSD I reckon! She's pretty spritely for an almost 13 year old, and so far has got on well with the rest of the household, she does like to follow Bobby the cat around......She loves her walks, although she's not been off lead yet.

It makes me laugh remembering what it's like getting used to a new one, worrying that she's not had a poo yet!

And also she's made me realise how much I miss Jaz my last foster :mecry:

Thanks to Ian for arranging the transport and thanks Jules for picking her up and coming halfway, twas nice to meet you and Jake :biggrin: Tara has perked up loads since we got her home, but I've been thinking of her owner and how sad she must be without her, Tara is a lovely dog.

I'll be sending some photos to Liz tomorrow, so nag her to post them on here as that's far beyond my capabilities!

x

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Su

Lovely to meet you too, and glad to hear you and Tara got back safely and she's settling in :flowers:

I was blinking back the tears this morning when her heartbroken family were saying goodbye to her and handing over her stuff and her little list (written by the grandchildren) of all the things she likes and dislikes, and how she 'sings' to certain TV programmes etc. Very sad :mecry:

It's thanks to the Oldies Club and fosterers like you that dogs like Tara get chance to see out the rest of their lives in loving homes :flowers:

Is that 'your' Jaz listed on the Oldies site rehomed list? She's absolutely gorgeous :wub:

There's been a couple of really heartwrenching cases latley of people who had no choice and really didn't want to let their dogs go. It's awful.

Thanks for taking her in Su. Looking forward to hearing more about her and seeing the piccies. Thanks to you and Jules for transporting her too. :flowers:

Sorry for late reply, we have been busy walking today and then snoozing on the settee in a heap!

Tara is doing well, I had to wake her up this morning! She's settled fine and rolls over for her tummy tickled when she greets you. She's been off lead tonight and is enjoying her walks. She's got pongy breath and her teeth don't look too good but she'll be getting checked over on Tuesday.

She really is lovely and it's so nice to have her with us. I feel really sad for her owner though and can't wait to send her an update. Going to try and print a picture off and will get a nice card to send with a letter from Tara.

Liz I have sent you some photos tonight! The suspense is almost over!

Jules I've had a quick look on Oldies site and can't find Jaz? Will try again though

x

P.S Oh yeah she has now had some poos so that's that worry over!