UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Incontienence In Spayed Bitches

collies r best

I was at my vets earlier [rabbit being neutered] and saw a poster about incontienence in spayed bitches. Apparently its caused by a hormone deficency [oestogen] and you can get oestrogen tablets to give once a day. I'd never heard of this so thought i'd mention it in case its helpful to someone. :flowers:

Ah yes, that is interesting thank you.

I had a very lengthy thread running here previously regarding Ruby's "lady leaks" :wub:

We tried a number of things with some success but eventually turned to Propalin. We've never looked back from that. A teeny tiny amount dropped over her food and she's been dry as a bone ever since :) .

I was chatting to a friend the other day, and she said her bitches had never suffered incontinence, but two of them have developed cancer of the spleen and had to have splenectomies. The vet said it was because they were spayed too young...anyone else had this?

• 1 month later...
Would that work as well for unsoayed bitched, who are incontinent from too young breeding/ too much breeding?

A friend of mine has this problem. With her dog, not herself :wacko: )

One of my neighbours has got a dog (well, bitch that is :rolleyes: ) who has been incontinent almost since she's had her. She rescued her from some druggies who had already bred a litter from her when she was just over a year old! :angry: She (bitch, not neighbour!) has been on Propalin since, she's about 10 now and a very healthy, happy oler lady :)

Kiera became incontinent last year, after I had her spayed at about a year old. She's been on propalin syrup ever since and it works a treat! :) The good thing about the syrup is that you can adjust the dose; for a while Kiera only needed 40ml a day, but she's on 60 again atm. Might try if I can maintain her 'dryness' at 40ml a day again in the near future - just to have her on less medication. She's a very healthy, happy and active cow girl by the way! :wink:

One of my neighbours has got a dog (well, bitch that is :rolleyes: ) who has been incontinent almost since she's had her. She rescued her from some druggies who had already bred a litter from her when she was just over a year old! :angry: She (bitch, not neighbour!) has been on Propalin since, she's about 10 now and a very healthy, happy oler lady :)

Kiera became incontinent last year, after I had her spayed at about a year old. She's been on propalin syrup ever since and it works a treat! :) The good thing about the syrup is that you can adjust the dose; for a while Kiera only needed 40ml a day, but she's on 60 again atm. Might try if I can maintain her 'dryness' at 40ml a day again in the near future - just to have her on less medication. She's a very healthy, happy and active cow girl by the way! :wink:

Thanks for the info, will pass that on to my friend. Same story as your. Freind rescued bitch which was bred from young age :