UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My First Foster Is Coming On Saturday!

kasi

Well we have just been out for a walk and ended up going into the field with Jenny & Simon :unsure: Why you might ask??? Well it was because some older lady decided she wanted to set off at a pace and try and catch them up :ohmy: She was even skipping!!!!!! So she had 10 mins in the field and then we sat and waited for them to come back to where we were and then we all walked home together :biggrin: She is definately finding her legs. Once some of this weight has gone ther will be no stopping her!! :wub:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Elsa is so gorgeous. :wub: She is a female version of my old bridge boy Bob. And when we first adopted Bob he was very overweight too (we called him Blob!) but he soon lost the extra pounds.

We need lots more photos of this beauty!

I hope she finds her special home soon. :flowers:

Edited by JoT

Well she decided to leap out of my car on Saturday :unsure: and her little legs went 'splat'. She seemed to be in quite good shape for such a porker though and not arthritic at all. Hopefully a few pounds lighter she'll be a little active old girl. She was very sweet, good luck in your new slim line life Elsa :wub:

I am sure Karen will be along shortly to update but in the mean time you can get your Elsa fix here - http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=1803 :biggrin:

:laugh: Sorry peeps. I have been suffering (poorly), real bad chest infection. Have had to cancel an organised day operation I was having next week. Anyway enough of me!!

Elsa is doing fine :wub: I am permanently reminding myself and her that she isn't staying as she just ins't any problem to have around.

She loves her walks and knows the word, say walk to her and she is up and at the front door. She has taught Jenny how to play ball and if Jenny grabs one of her balls (she has 3 and knows all the time where they are) she will wait until Jenny has stopped playing and is right in there and gets it back :laugh: :laugh: . They have now started to play a little together, Jenny does the bouncing and Elsa wags her tail permanently!!! We have changed her food over to Arden Grange and she seems to like it and seems to be quite happy with what she is getting even though she is getting fed less than she is used to. I am sure with the proper foos, less treats and more excercise she will soon be reducing her weight. Already I can see she is more energetic than we she came to us at the weekend. She is a lovely lovely dog and will make someone a wonderful companion for a few years. Oh and she LOVES rolling on the grass :wub: :wub: Must take photos I know :laugh: :laugh: .

Cindy I have just seen her on the website :biggrin: Brilliant!!!!!

She is so beautiful. It's such a shame we had to take this girl in as her owner was so upset at having to let her go. It's lovely to hear she is happy and receiving wonderful care from yourself.

Sorry to hear you have a nasty chest infection. Hope you get over that quickly and are getting enough rest. :GroupHug:

Well here she is :biggrin: Sorry its taken me so long

DSC021151.jpg

Oh my, she is the dead spit facially of my long term foster, Vicky:

Copy%2001%20vicky%20face.jpg

Copy%2001%20Copy%2001%20vicky%20in%20park.jpg

I assume she will resemble her even more when her weight is down to a normal size.

Because of Vicky's markings and general shape, i always assumed she was a Collie/Rottie cross, I didn't consider a GSD/Dobie cross, though she may be on the small side to be that. What do you think?

She is so beautiful. It's such a shame we had to take this girl in as her owner was so upset at having to let her go. It's lovely to hear she is happy and receiving wonderful care from yourself.

Sorry to hear you have a nasty chest infection. Hope you get over that quickly and are getting enough rest. :GroupHug:

Feeling somewhat better now, still taking the inhaler but coping. And I have given up smoking!!!!!! :glare: :ohmy: :mad: :mad: :laugh: So a bit grumpy :wacko:

Crikey Sue they do look alike dont they. Am sure Elsa has lost some weight, we are going to take her down the vets at the weekend and get her weighed. She was having a lovely time out in the garden at the weekend. Will post some more photos later :biggrin: