UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My New Oldies Foster 'chocolate Lab' Cocoa

elainew

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to work out what Cocoa is a mix of - he's certainly part choc lab. I thought the other part might be sighthound because of the ears (and the rate at which he can move!). My sister met him on Saturday and reckons that apart from the colour and tail he's identical to her huntaway, even their mannerisms and barking (a rather unmanly yip) are identical. I found a picture of a huntaway cross lab on a huntaway website and they are so alike!

Cocoa has just returned from his checkup at the vets (and a lovely long walk and umm swim), she has declared him to be a really healthy lad with years of bounce in the tank - and says she'd deffo describe him as a lurcher! He is such a clown!

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, well Cocoa the choc lab brown dog is still here, he's a really easy boy! He's just such a delight on walks, having been owned by scenthounds for the last 20 years (and most of my fosters have had no recall), it's such a treat to have a dog who enjoys long walks and who keeps an eye on me, returning when I raise my hand. There must be someone out there somewhere who would enjoy a walking companion.

Shall do - lots of pictures of tails as he whizzes past! Noone has told him he's an oldie! :biggrin:

:laugh: But then remember when I tried to take a picture of one of your bassets on the walk thinking 'They aren't that fast'? I only got tip of the tail and a bush :laugh: :laugh:

• 1 year later...

Poor Cocoa who went off to a lovely home in Dorset many moons ago had a second stroke (or possibly a vestibular attack) yesterday, his mum is devastated, please could everybody think healing thoughts for him. Reiki for him would be greatly appreciated.