UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Questions For Rescues

Fiona711

I have often wondered when looking at the dogs in the rehoming lost / found sections how they are getting on and if they have found a home been reunited with their owners etc etc .

So my questions are

Why are there dogs on their that have had no updates for months ?

I think the oldest thread i saw was from November 2005 , I find it so sad that theres no updates so nobody knows if these dogs are still looking or not ?

So do no replies mean the dogs are indeed still looking for their forever homes?

I know everyone involved in rescue is rushed off their feet but would it not be possible to update threads a bit more regularly?

Same with the lost/found section its such a shame that people dont know whats happening with the dogs in there :(

Fiona xx

Sorry I didn't get round to answering your pm :flowers:

Some of the dogs, even listed on threads going way back, are still looking :( Periodically I go through the older threads and PM the original poster asking if the threads are still needed, but I've not done so for a while (funnily enough, had planned to do this again next weekend when its quiet at work :rolleyes:). I guess a lot of the time rescues are too busy or maybe forget they have posted :unsure:

As for the Lost section, I do wonder whether some members will see info of a missing dog elsewhere and post here, to spread the word, but then don't come back to update.

Personally, I try and update the dogs I post on a weekly basis, just so there is up to date information for potential adoptees :)

I personally don't update our dogs' threads because the rule is to not bump the dogs unnecessarily as it pushes other dogs off of the page :flowers:

If anything important happens or if we get new photos then I will add them :)

Same here, I understood we weren't allowed to "bump", so only post if the dog is rehomed, has new info or new picture. Some of the dogs at FOAL has indeed been there for a very long time, that is sadly what happens when mankind makes a mess and leave others to clean it up!