UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Devastated....a Years Work Ruined!

Kaye9

A year ago,after finally having a path put in down the bottom of my garden and blocking it off from the dogs,I started work on Dominics Sensory Garden.(If you don't know my son has Muscular Dystrophy and Severe Learning Difficulties and is in a wheelchair.)I spent hours in the garden and spent a fortune buying ornaments,plants and other garden related stuff and Jazzie J very kindly sent me some of his garden ornaments to put in Doms 'Seaside' area.

On Tuesday during the snow storm a tree,from a garden that backs onto my neighbour,has blown onto the garden and smashed and ruined half of it,luckily not the seaside area but I have spent the last 2 days crying on and off,not helped by the fact that I have tonsilitis.

The girls burst into tears as they are very protective of their brother AND it has also runied their little play area which was only bought and finished 8 months ago.Dominic himself started crying when he came in from school as his bedroom backs onto it so he spotted it straight away.It's scary to think of what would have happened if one of the girls had been on the swing.The main climbing frame is bent sideways and now unstable too. :mecry: :mecry:

Some pix!

Before:-

The Seaside bit just after finishing it.

SensorySeaside3.jpg

The bit that is runined now.This was after just starting it and lots more had been added.

SensoryMain1.jpg

After:-

The main area now! :(

P3210026.jpg

The play area.

P3210025.jpg

The Council are being very sensitive about it and hopefully I will get compensation but it is still upsetting.If it had fallen any other direction it wouldnt have done damage.If it had happened over a year ago then it wouldnt have damaged anything! :(

Edited by Kaye9

Oh no Kaye, I'm so sorry. I hope the council come forward with some compensation, but I know that doesn't make up for all the hard work and upset to the children. I wish I was close enough to come and help you sort it out :GroupHug:

Thank you so much for all your kind comments. :blush02:

And also for all the suggestions too.I think I will see where we are when the tree is removed,hopefully very soon,and see what the Council suggest/do/give and then if they become 'difficult' I will go to the papers as they can be very awkward if their feathers get ruffled but if they

try and shirk responsibility then I won't hesitate.

Freecycle is a good idea.I'll look on there.

Thanks again everyone. :heart:

Thank you so much for all your kind comments. :blush02:

And also for all the suggestions too.I think I will see where we are when the tree is removed,hopefully very soon,and see what the Council suggest/do/give and then if they become 'difficult' I will go to the papers as they can be very awkward if their feathers get ruffled but if they

try and shirk responsibility then I won't hesitate.

Freecycle is a good idea.I'll look on there.

Thanks again everyone. :heart:

Sorry to hear your childrens garden has been so badly damaged. Where in the country are you? I'm a member of the Lions, a community service & fundraising organisation & it may be that your local club could consider some sort of help - if you'd like details of the nearest club just send me a pm & I'll see if I can dig it out or send me yours & I'll send it on to them. Ian

Kaye I have only just seen this, I am sad to see such devastation after the hard work and love you put in in order to create Dom's special place! If there is anything I can do to help please let me know!

I picked up some garden stone items from a lady on Freecycle last Saturday I will sort out some nice pieces for Dom and will bring them along to Thetford next month.

Take care, love to all. :GroupHug: