UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Skye With Her Pals ...a Year On!

Kaye9

Well....For those of you who don't know about Skye.....She was being fostered on behalf of Drogheda Dog Rescue,Louth,Ireland and was 1 of 6 collies taken off a farm when the owner died (there were 12 but 6 were taken and PTS before the Rescue could get them).All 6 were very scared,pretty wild etc.

I had been looking for an oldie to adopt as my fostering days had to stop due to Katie getting very stressed when Jack,an Oldie who I fostered for the Oldies(See gallery) was rehomed and pining and not sleeping for weeks.I decided to enrol Astrid to look at the Irsish rescues and she found Skye(previously Sigh)and after many e mails to Tammy,her Fosterer,she came over to me via Remi in February 2006.Initially she was very scared,had alot of accidents and pretty much stayed under the table but eventually she came out of her shell and attached herself to Katie who she loves.She is a Mummys girl and watches me all the time but now she guards the house,rolls around the floor,loves her walks and struts around like a Queen.She hadnt even been on a lead when I got her.She is such a quirky,sweet,gentle girl and has fitted in here like she had always been here.

She had a mamary tumour 3 weeks ago but it was taken out and sent away and it turns out it wasnt malignant so I'm dead chuffed.

Anyway....I smelt Chicken.....

P3180021.jpg

And I am edging forwards ahead of Bandit and Katie...

P3180023.jpg

Do I look appealing enough to get first dabs??

P3180020.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thanks Ange,

Bandit is a perfect dog.I have never known such an affectionate dog in my life and I thought my ex Lab,Monty,was pathetic.He can't get close enough to you and even wagged his tail the whole time he was being given a booster last week! :rolleyes:

His worse fault is eating poo. :sick02:

I have had soooo many people say that they would take him tomorrow if I had to rehome him but he isnt going anywhere.He's my baby! :wub:

Hi Kaye,

I adopted Lady Di from Tammy at the start of the year. She's related to Skye but not sure how - I think she may be her Mother.

Here is a pic of her in Tammy's before we adopted her.

DiEuro11.jpg

Here she is now - taken this evening with mobile phone so not a great pic.

DSC00016.jpg

She's such a dote, a real character. We love her very much.

So lovely to see pics of Skye. :wub:

Hi Kaye,

I adopted Lady Di from Tammy at the start of the year. She's related to Skye but not sure how - I think she may be her Mother.

Here is a pic of her in Tammy's before we adopted her.

DiEuro11.jpg

Here she is now - taken this evening with mobile phone so not a great pic.

DSC00016.jpg

She's such a dote, a real character. We love her very much.

So lovely to see pics of Skye. :wub:

So...You must be Cathy??

I have that photo of Lady Di that Tammy sent me just before Christms as that is Euro with her,isnt it?Euro is Skyes brother.I know that Skye and Lady Di are related along the way but I'm not sure how.Lady Di had a sister called Dolly aswell didnt she?

It's lovely to see her in a home now.Skye is a sweetheart.She plays like a puppy with Katie,bless her,which is so nice to see.She is so content.Her hair is so dense though from living outside.She is a small stocky collie and is about 9/10 years old according to my vet.

This is Skye a few months ago with my daughter,Vanessa.

SkyeVan2.jpg

She wouldnt go near the kids a year ago and now she goes to anyone who will stroke her.lol

Just for Fee!

LadyKatie.jpg

Hi John,

I like the pic too although Jamie hates any photos of himself being a bit of a tart! :wink:

There were some great ones of Seb that you took from that first walk too.Any chance you could post a few?? :) :wub:

Hi Kaye,

Yes that's right, I'm Cathy. :wavey:

I don't know whether you can see it in the pics but in reality Di looks very like Skye. She too is very stocky and has a massive hairy coat with short legs. Just like Skye, she is pure dote. :wub:

Yes indeed, Dolly and Di were sisters. Dolly got rehomed last year. I think Di is around 12 or 13 - I'm sure I remember Tammy saying that Di was Skye's Mum. Dolly and Di were the two orginal collies on the farm.

It's wonderful to hear about Skye. She sounds like she has very much the same type nature as Di. It brings a tear to my eye to think how well they have both adapted to everything and how much they are enjoying all their creature comforts these days.

Lady Di looks very similar to Skye,Cathy,other than the big black patch on her.She is a really lovely looking dog.They are all very appealing dogs actually.

Euro is a handsome looking fellow too isnt he?I hope he finds a good home but it seems like he is very scared still.I owe Tammy an E mail actually.

I agree that it is really nice to see these dogs adapting so well to indoor family life.They really deserve it. :wub:

Lady Di looks very similar to Skye,Cathy,other than the big black patch on her.She is a really lovely looking dog.They are all very appealing dogs actually.

Euro is a handsome looking fellow too isnt he?I hope he finds a good home but it seems like he is very scared still.I owe Tammy an E mail actually.

I agree that it is really nice to see these dogs adapting so well to indoor family life.They really deserve it. :wub:

Euro is gorgeous too. Yes, I think he's a bit more anxious and shy than our two ladies, bless him.

I owe Tammy an email as well. She told me about you and Skye at the time I adopted Lady Di and I recognised you from the Oldies Club. I must tell her we had a chat. She'll be delighted that the old girls are getting on so well. She was very attached to them.