UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Don't Understand It?

Rescuewoman

I don't know one day you are loved in the home you have been in since you were a puppy, then when you are just six years old suddenly mummy decides that living abroad will be more fun :err: Sadly you don't feature in that picture of her life so you get left behind with relatives, who are lovely but with their disability can't care for you so next thing you find yourself in kennels :(

I don't like it ... it makes me sad!

265b0e87e291fc3e6f011a9c8c838c8d.jpg

I am very scared and frightened .. do you think they will hurt me here?

8f4892b1a5de0271c06f330ab2513136.jpg

I keep looking round hopeful that someone kind will take me away or that my mommy will come back for me :(

a08b3276f819174b97ce889cea68e0cf.jpg

I know the people here love me because they keep saying I am the nicest and most handsome Cocker they have met (and of course that must be true because I am very very handsome :) ). But it isn't the same, simply isn't the same as having a mum of my own :(

Please people wish me luck in finding that home quickly. I am having an operation to get rid of some balls on Tuesday, I find that strange because just now I don't feel much like playing ball and I think they are being a bit thick?

Edited by Rescuewoman

I don't understand either. I wouldn't consider moving anywhere without my animals any more than I'd have left my kids behind when they were small. But I know my partner wouldn't think twice before upping sticks and moving abroad - he reckons his kids would come and see him every year and that's enough. I can't imagine where dogs would fit in to his plan. It leaves me speechless.

But then I know of people who took their two gorgeous Newfoundlands to Portugal when they moved and one caught heartworm which is quite common there and they were bringing him back to the UK because the veterinary care isn't as good there but he didn't make the journey. And then the other one died shortly afterwards - broken heart maybe.

Hope this lovely little cocker gets a new mummy soon and gets to be as happy as he used to be.

Diane

Aw, bless him, he does look bewildered :mecry: :wub:

Onyx was our Archie's original rescue name.

My life is organised around the dogs. I could never give them up. I hope Onyx soon finds that special someone who will love and look after him forever :flowers:

Marion

Poor little love - it breaks my heart :mecry: but also makes me very angry :mad: What could possess someone to move abroad and not take their dog, knowing that it will pine for them and languish in kennels? I'm still considering whether I can bear to leave my dogs in kennels for just two weeks to go to Australia as I know I'd miss them so much.

Really hope Onyx can find a new, loving family :GroupHug:

What happened to the idea that 'a dog is for life'? :(

It seems to be more 'a dog is for a few years until it doesn't happen to suit me any more' :angry:

He is truly gorgeous, and I'm sure he will soon have a new family who will cherish him as he deserves :wub:

Disposable lifestyle,disposable clothes,disposable pets :(

I'd rather live in a hole with my animals than a palace without them.

I'm sure Onyx won't have to wait long as he's very adorable and handsome but that's not going to take away his confusion bless him.

Oh bless him, he does look worried.

Maybe the owners thought they were doing as best as they could for their circumstances, in leaving him with the relatives.

I would have thought they'd have had to consider the disability of the relative first though. I'd also wonder how/why the relative with the disability would have thought they'd be a suitable home if there was any liklihood of them not coping ?

In either case, poor Onyx is left behind. I do hope he finds a Mum and/or Dad soon though. Best wishes :flowers: