UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Control Order - Camden, Bristol Etc

boosboss

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst not generally a fan of The East Riding Of Yorkshire Council & they do have dog fouling bye laws (fair enough) and ban dogs from much of the beaches in summer (not so fair in my view) I thought that The Council backed dog training tests run by Ryehill Dog Training Club might interest you. More info on here http://www.ryehilldogtraining.co.uk/ could your Councils adopt this idea?

Whilst I usually deem "consultations" by Councils to be a done deal before they are even published have completed Camdens survey. Good luck

Thank you for that Bebe.

We went for a walk up Kenwood/Hampstead Heath and one of the police patrols came by and gave Keira and myself a leaflet explaining what they are doing regarding dogs.

Basically no dogs have to be on leads they only real change is that one person can only walk up to four dogs and the only people that will affect are the ones who walk lots of dogs (some have 15 dogs per person) they will be stopped from doing so in futuree so their profits will be hit hard but ordinary walkers and owners will not really notice any changes.

Manchester I believe is an area that is undergone the same restrictions as has Preston, and someone has posted on cockersonline tonight to say that Sandwell are rushing through proposals in the next 3 weeks

Is it possible mods this aspect of dog restrictions to be included in the 'protests and actions forum' bit as this will affect all of us as well and quite considerably --- lets face it if you can't run some dogs offlead then we all know behaviourally we may have problems in the long term (far more than now). My thinking is that we need to get our heads together to fight this as its discretionary and the more that fight the better chance we have rather than just chat about it here

Personally I don't want dog only parks either as I don't always want to walk with certain other dogs and be so restricted and as others say families need to be able to use the park as well along with their dogs.

Edited by PennyB

Whilst not generally a fan of The East Riding Of Yorkshire Council & they do have dog fouling bye laws (fair enough) and ban dogs from much of the beaches in summer (not so fair in my view) I thought that The Council backed dog training tests run by Ryehill Dog Training Club might interest you. More info on here http://www.ryehilldogtraining.co.uk/ could your Councils adopt this idea?

Whilst I usually deem "consultations" by Councils to be a done deal before they are even published have completed Camdens survey. Good luck

Wonder what they mean by temprement tests though

This hasn't gone through in Wales yet as the Assembly are dealing with it 1st so wonder if they're waiting to hear about what happens in the elections 1st

Just had this email from the KC...

Following the last KC Dog Bulletin the Kennel Club has been given notice that the following local authorities are planning to introduce dog control orders:

§ Waveney District Council

§ Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council

For further information please visit Kennel Club Link

Best wishes

Laura

Lynn