UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poor Wee Darlin

sparkle

please excuse my ignorance to this sparkle, but what are you asking for ideas on? the advertising of dogs for sale? lots of magazines do that! the sale of the dog? lots of dogs are for sale in the same way? the same is said for dogs for sale to be bread from and raced. i dont want this post to be negative, i'm just confussed.

No worries hun :flowers:

Was just wondering really if anyone knew of any rescues that may be able to buy her I guess :unsure: I know that sounds really stupid and niave but I am! :laugh:

As horrible as it sounds, but if a rescue were to buy this girl, the person selling it will think there is a demand and will do this over and over again, knowing that there is a rescue that will pay them for the girl.

I don't suppose any serious greyhound breeders would be interested in this girl, i think he'll find it hard to get a 'buyer'. Maybe a rescue could ring and say 'we wont buy her but if you can't find anyone we'll take her for free'?

I'm not sure what to do in situations like this, poor girl though :(

I've had this thread pointed out to me this morning by a very kind person wondering if there was anything I could do to help.

I had actually seen the ad a few days ago,Trade It is my local free ads paper and I check through it regularly. I'm afraid that there really isn't anything I can do in this case - I certainly can't afford to buy her (much as I'd like to) and even if I could it will only encourage him to keep offering his unwanted dogs knowing that rescue will pay him for them. Harsh as it sounds it could even encourage some people to breed or obtain dogs for next to nothing and 'sell' them to rescue for a profit.

I am sorry to sound so unhelpful and please be assured that if I thought it was someone who would let her go into rescue and then be done with dogs I'd have been on the phone to them days ago. I've done it several times before and will continue to do so. This isn't a 'one off' as he's advertising in the same issue FOR a Lurcher bitch. Anybodys guess how long it will be before that poor unfortunate is up for sale as well :(

Brightest Blessings on you for caring Sparkle :flowers:

Sue.

Unfortunately you have also managed to advertise this further for him by putting his phone number on here. I know that most of the visits to this site will be by dog lovers but you never know who is registering and reading everything on here. It's good of you to try to help this girl though and I know it was well intended. :GroupHug:

Thanks Fugees :flowers:

It was well intended but I completely see where you are coming from hun :flowers:

Will just send this poor girl good thoughts and hope she ends up in a loving home somewhere, doubtful I know but I live in hope!

This can be closed now please oh Modly ones :flowers: