UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Finlay

Guest whiskydogs

Guest Whiskydogs

I am Finlay's Mum and I want to send a huge thank you to everyone who has sent such kind thoughts and wishes. I have not seen this website before and did not know about it, until some friends who are members told me about the message they had put on for my little dog.

Finlay is critical as his kidneys are failing to respond to treatment. I feel that this should never have happened. Unfortunately his only symptoms were tiredness and lethargy. In fact I was convinced my dog was depressed!! This went on for a number of weeks and the vet could find nothing wrong with him. He did not display any other diabetes type symptoms and yet that is what he had. By the time he got really sick it was too late. Vets seem to feel that as long as a dog is eating then he is OK. Please please if you see tiredness in your dog get him checked out.

Finlay is the kindest dog ever and has suffered a lot this past week. No owner should be made to see their dog sufffer so - it is heartbreaking and so cruel.

It is going to be yet another tough and endless night!.

Again thank you all for your kind thoughts - they really help.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry you are having to go through all of this. :GroupHug: Unfortunately it can also take a while to diagnose it in humans. Really hope Finlay pulls through. Will continue to think of you all and sending positive and healing thoughts. Welcome to the Refuge. Wish it was under more pleasant circumstances but you are amongst people who care and understand here.

Edited by Jacobean

Guest Whiskydogs

The vet called at 7pm. Sadly no change. If by lunch time tomorrow the blood tests come back and his kidneys are still not functioning it will be 48 hours since he was put on the drip and text book scenario is that one should then call it a day.

I then have the ghastly decision of do I give it another 24 hours of putting my poor dog through more pain and discomfort .... just in case.... or do I have him put to sleep.?? God what a stupid expression... I am not putting him to sleep I am killing him. Death by lethal injection!.

I am all in favour of euthanasia for humans .... but they can make the choice for themselves. I am making it on behalf of my boy and I don't know if he wants me to give him another chance, or put him out of his misery, because he cannot tell me.

Sorry I am rambling..... Finlay is the first dog I ever owned and I cannot beleive the intensity of emotion I am going through. :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

Thank you again for your support