UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Male Black Labs (apologies To Lab Owners)

crazyspaniels

My parents have a chocolate lab and a black lab x pointer. Both dogs are big, both are badly behaved and both are terrible off lead! (I've tried but my parents allow them to behave that way!!! :rolleyes: )

You can guarantee if they are being naughty off lead and running riot, it will be Ben the black lab x that will be pointed at, shouted at and avoided!! For some reason most people are very forgiving of a looping big chocolate lab but not a black one!!! :wacko: Of course truth is, Ben is the one I'd trust 100%, Dylan (the choccy boy) is unpredicable and untrustworthy!!! They had someone bring their child over to meet the 'lovely' dog..but asked for them to move Ben away because he looked nasty!!! :( Personally I'd have Ben anyday over Dylan!!! :biggrin:

My 4 don't care what colour the other dog is...Sidney will play with it, Cooper will yap at it, Cromwell will either ignore it or try and kill it, and Tiz will growl at it!!! :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmm, my rottie Murphy has a bit of a thing with black labs too (not all but some) but loves Choc ones, he also has a bit of a dislike for Golden Retrievers and Irish/Red setters - probably cause the ones we met have tried to eat him :rolleyes:

He absolutely adores all small doggies though, even if they yap and tried to at him - he adores them, especially JRTs and Westies

I have 2 black female labs and a yellow female.

The yellow is the worst one - fear aggressive, she barks at all

dogs and hates 'yorkies' because they are yappy. she like to

put them in her mouth and shake them like a toy (so now she

is not allowed of the lead at all) :( (

The 2 blacks just love to play with other dogs, whatever breed

I know black dogs are not liked by all but I love them:))

So does your dog dislike male black labs

I hate meeting black labs. Molly as with all dogs is fine with them and loves to dance around, Izzie will usually bark at it and Fin will try to keep away, but might start if the dog comes too close (he also suffered from fear agression). They are very much better with females and not so bad either with neutered males.

Lots of people around this neack of the woods agree that their dog hates black labs!

Archie (westie) is great with all dogs even if they bark at him, but if they go all aggressive or bark with aggression he goes mental...

Cliffy (mini wire-haired daxi) dislikes most big dogs but especailly black labs, i noticed this about 6 months ago but put it down to Cliffy being a bit of a git with bigger dogs (well, all dogs are bigger than him, it's just he doesn't seem to realise he is the smaller one).

For some reason, male Black Labs regularly attempt to mount my 10-year-old Greyhound boy, Bob. :wacko:

This is problematic as poor Bob a) isn't gay, and b) isn't aggressive enough to scare them off. His thin skin is so easily damaged by other dogs' claws, teeth etc. (Plus there is a very obvious weight/bulk differential which places Bob at an immediate disadvantage!)

For this reason I always take avoidance action whenever I spot a Black Lab heading our way!

Cheers,

ZED.

We acquired a male black lab on our walk this morning - his owner let him out of the car while she sorted out her boots etc for 10 minutes. He was a classic example of what's been described here - no concept of another dog's personal space and his tail was straight up which looks pretty intimidating. We changed direction to stop him crowding Rosie, but he was relentless. However - to he honest I feel it was his owner at fault :( .