UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Guest patch

Fanx Pingu :)

Ok lets get started !

On this thread, please register yourself and your dog/s for the Heelwork To Music training challenge. Please be aware, if your dog is infirm or has some kind of injury, do not take risks with them. Some dogs may not be able to do very bendy movements for instance, so dont try to have your dog do something which may be physically difficult for them or might aggravate an injury of some sort. If in doubt, check with your vet for anything your dog should avoid. While there may be some moves which might be unwise for any individual dog, it doesn`t mean you can`t join in at all - just do the moves which are suited to your dogs physical ability - above all, this is for fun for you and your dogs, not about `winning or failing ` so please just enjoy in the spirit intended :) :)

I`ll start it off so you`ll know what to put :)

Handler : Patch

Dog / s : Fluke

Breed / type : Lurcher

Dog age/s : 19 months

Joined challenge : week one

* This challenge has already started on Wiccaweys but only by a few moves so the above is as per if just starting

Handler : Crazyspaniels

Dog / s : Paddy

Breed / type : Springer

Dog age/s : 2

Handler : CS

Dog / s : Bilbo

Breed / type : Cocker

Dog age/s : 3

can do quite a few basic moves and are working towards a routine but we will happily encourage others and let you laugh at us if we ever do enter anything :D

Edited by crazyspaniels

This sounds like great fun never done it before but will have a try:

Handler: Kimbas_mum

Dog: Kimba

Breed: Doberman

Joined Challenge: week 1

Handler: Kimbas)mum

Dog: Maddie

Breed: SalukiX

Handler: Kimbas_mum

Dog: Jasper

Breed: GSP

We'll give this a go too!

Handler: Gnasher

Dog: Gnasher

Breed: collie/terrier/Anyones guess

Gnasher does have a problem with his back from an old injury caused by his previous owners so we will proceed with caution and will avoid anything which may aggravate his back.

Handler: Traceymcl

Dog: Calgacus

Breed: Bullmastiff

Handler: Traceymcl

Dog: Katie

Breed: Bullmastiff

With my TTouch hat on, teaching heelwork to music moves is excellent for dogs so long as they are taught with sensitivity and dogs aren't encouraged to do things that will aggravate injuries or that are uncomfortable for them.

The non-habitual movements are good for their confidence and also teach them awareness of their own bodies and how they move in space as well as improving their flexibility. And because all moves are taught on both sides / in both directions, it helps the dogs become better balanced.

I've seen huge improvements in both my dogs since we've started playing at heelwork to music.

Tracey xx

Handler : Purple_Mog

Dog / s : FinnDog

Breed / type : BC

Dog age/s : 6yrs approx

stiffness and intermittent lameness loss of control of left back leg, no physical abnormality and vet advised to try things as normal - so we'll see....

Totally echo what tracey said - its something I use with Finn in new situations or stressy ones - he has many reactivity triggers :rolleyes:

Go on then :)

Handler : Brammie

Dog / s : Bramble

Breed / type : BC

Dog age/s : 5yrs

Dog / s : Ash

Breed / type : Staffyx

Dog age/s : 21/2yrs

Dog / s : Poppy

Breed / type : Sprolliexsmall thing

Dog age/s : 2yrs

We will see how it goes with Bram because his back legs are still a bit funny and Poppys suspected luxating patella may hold her back a teeny bit (lol i doubt it though).

Great to see we have people signing up and hopefully there will be lots more coming aboard :D

Fab news, I have heard back from Gina [ who some of you may know as Ginauk ], and she has very generously agreed to provide us with our weekly moves for here and for Wiccaweys :D

Gina is very experienced in HTM, Flyball and Agility in particular and her dogs also do TV work, and is extremely highly respected, so we have the best of the best willing to help us all. Gina will need a little time to read through the threads to get the feel of what we are getting up to and has kindly offered to not only provide the moves for us each week but to help with training those moves on the dedicated ` help please ` thread.

In the meantime, please do have a look at Gina`s site which has some agility vid clips, plus stunning photo`s, and details about her gorgeous dogs with info on their achievements so far.

http://www.freewebs.com/discodogs/index.htm

I dare anyone to not to go `oooooooh` at the pics of Cascade, one of the most beautiful and bright dogs I know of anywhere [ and I`ve seen a heck of a lot of dogs lol ] :D :D

Handler : Ruby (my housemate - is that allowed?)

Dog / s : Archie

Breed / type : crossbreed terrier type thingy

Dog age/s : 2 and-a-half years

Never tried it but Archie is very agile and enjoys his ordinary training classes.

Marion

Handler: Safneo

Dog: Neo

Breed/type: Border Collie

Dog age: 2.5yrs

Joined challenge: week one

Looking for more ways to keep neo's mind active. We tried agility which he was very good at but

as he suffers with fear aggression we had a problem with the other dogs.

Have a copy of a heelwork to music video but havent practised much yet. :rolleyes:

I've been doing heelwork to music with willow for a little while now - need to get a dance put together now.

Handler: Kelly

Dog: Willow

Breed / Type: GSD, female

Dogs age: 3

Handler: Kelly

Dog: Khanu

Breed / Type: GSD, male

Dogs age: 2

Edited by khanu

We'll give this a go too!

Handler: Gnasher

Dog: Gnasher

Breed: collie/terrier/Anyones guess

Gnasher does have a problem with his back from an old injury caused by his previous owners so we will proceed with caution and will avoid anything which may aggravate his back.

After this weeks vet visit where the vet suspects my lad also has neck pain we are withdrawing as I really don't want to do anything which may aggravate this.