UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

American Bulldogs Prohibited! (in Gibraltar)

http://www.panorama.gi/localnews/headlines...54&offset=0

This has gone thro under section two which adds types that arent covered under section 1. The are under british law here but also use common law....checking political background of there now cos i dont have a clue. IT is far too close for comfort no matter what.

"1) If it appears to the Secretary of State that dogs of any type to which section 1 above does not apply present a serious danger to the public he may by order impose in relation to dogs of that type restrictions corresponding, with such modifications, if any, as he thinks appropriate, to all or any of those in subsection (2) and of that section"

Edited by ReikiAnge

Just to clarify, this is for Gibraltar, nowhere else at this stage?

Gibraltar use English Law, so if they can add as easily as they have done then......... (or have i got the wrong end of the stick? )

The City of Gibraltar is a self-governing British Dependent Territory situated at the southern tip of the Iberian peninsula at the entrance of the Mediterranean sea.

The Head of State of Gibraltar is HM Queen Elizabeth II and Gibraltarians are British Citizens. The Queen is represented on the Rock by the Governor who is also Commander in Chief of HM Forces stationed in Gibraltar.

Legal System

Gibraltar law is based on English law. Although the Courts apply English common law and equity, much of Gibraltar's commercial legislation has been enacted to provide a favourable climate for the financial services industry. For example, Gibraltar law on banking secrecy, and the confidentiality of off-shore company management is much stricter than that of the United Kingdom. The Supreme Court of Gibraltar follows the rules of procedure of the English Supreme Court. Appeals lie to the Gibraltar Court of Appeal and from there on a point of law only to the Privy Council in London. As a territory within the European Union, European Union legislation has the same effect as in any member state and references to the European Court on questions of law can be made. Most Gibraltar lawyers qualify in England.

Edited by Helen

Just gilbralter. No imports now and resident dogs neutered ect as per DDA here. From what i understand they have mostly their own government but the dda is the same as ours. It did come out later from what im reading tho...i think lol

Helen, your spot on. The same thing can happen as easily here due to the wording of section 2. (see above) This is what Pingu was refering to before when mentioning the prob for am bulls. they class as a type as not recognised and of bull breed apperance. IT would be v easy to do this here.

Edited by Allie

Just heard from an ex work colleague who has an ABD, his nephew (both live in Liverpool) also has two ABD's, one just a 12 week old puppy, apparently he was raided by the police over the weekend and his dogs have been taken, he kicked up a bit of a stink and was locked up for his trouble.

Dogs are awaiting tests to determine "type".

:(

Just heard from an ex work colleague who has an ABD, his nephew (both live in Liverpool) also has two ABD's, one just a 12 week old puppy, apparently he was raided by the police over the weekend and his dogs have been taken, he kicked up a bit of a stink and was locked up for his trouble.

hi could you PM me with his details (unless his name is John "S" in which case I already know)

Quite a few am bulls have been taken that i hear of :(

:ohmy: :mecry: :( :mad:

As far as I am aware he didn't, no.

its VERY important he gets advice from someone who knows ABDs and whats happened to these. when younger they can look very much like pitts aparantly. I just so happen to know someone who is an international judge for ABDS and very clued up on the current situation so may be able to provide advice