UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

I would get the vet as well, just to be on the safe side!

Good luck tomorrow CP, you'll be absolutely fine :)

Was supposed to be riding my superstar pony tonight, but am in agony with my legs after a workout class yesterday - got my lesson tomorrow, so will see how I am then :)

Blue's vet was on the Rolf Harris programme last night, as was the vet when he went to leahurst the first time around. The vet Simon, he was the one who dealt with him at Leahurst, and Linda was bobbing about in the background (blonde hair tied back in a short ponytail). It was so sad though, poor pony.

Having decided to get the vet, Loki was much better last night and this morning, so after speaking to vet decided to see how he goes over weekend, Im going to go for a little hack in the morning to see how he feels. He ate all his hay, picked his feet up normally and was very full of himself this morning so hopefully he is on the mend :)

Good luck for 5pm CP you'll both be great, look forard to hearing all about it!

Oh my goodness!!!

WE CAME 3RD!!! WITH 66.96%!!!

Milo behaved impeccably. The actual test was indoors and despite keeping a fab contact throughout the warm up when we went indoors he freaked out a bit and I struggled to get him settled and his head was all over the shop so kept popping in and out of an outline so our comments were about keeping a consistant outline.

Having said that, we got mostly 7s and 8s and bearing in mind it was our first ever time, we've done no practice whatsoever and I know we cam do much better I am absoloutely amazed.

What a star pony. My dad videod us so will get him to upload it later this evening.

So pleased :)

• Like 4

Yaaaaay!!! Well done :partytime: :partytime: have you been bitten by the dressage bug now?

Had another amazing lesson on Blue today, despite the fact my legs are killing me, it was raining, fireworks were going off and I had a hole in my jods, I would say it was the best lesson we have ever had :biggrin:

(null)

That was a fairly good and calm test, well done! A few comments:

Carry the hand and keep them still and soften the arms, I'd like your lower leg back a tad.

Ride the corners, keep the outside rein and put the inside leg on to push him into the corner.

Slow the walk a little, he was getting on to his forehand and scuttling. A softer hand will allow him to lengthen his frame which will create a more pleasing outline.

Very nice forward free walk but it's on a long rein not a loose rein.

As Gooster said, ensure the halt is established before the salute, the halt can be progressive but don't creep up on it, ride it forward.

That was a very good start to his dressage career, I think you both could produce some nice work as he develops his paces. I like his attitude and willingness to work, what a good boy.

Please feel free to smack me with a wet fish for the comments. :)

Edited by Pendlewitch

Honestly PW thank you, I will take it all on board :) :flowers: its always helpful to get feedback!

To be honest I was amazed it went as well as it did. I could feel he wasn't settled once we were indoors but I don't blame him really! He kept looking in the mirrors! :laugh:

But overall really pleased with him, I never thought we'd do dressage let alone get round a test without disaster at our first competition :laugh:

And now for something completely different :laugh:

In my jumping lesson today we had to do some rider training. First of all we started by having one hand on the reins and the other arm outstretched to the side. Milo decided he didn't like that much ran out to the right. After wed done that we had to tie our reins up snd go down the grid with no hands :O survived....just! Am shifting to the left a bit in anticipation of him ducking right...