UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Oh wow that shire is amazing!!

Well done Clare you must be chuffed to have qualified :)

Well we ended up going to a jumping clinic on Sunday! The lady from the riding club rang me on saturday and said she only had 1 person signed up for a mini back to basics class and wondered if I'd like to go. It was also just up the road so I could hack there so agreed to go.

We were sh*t :laugh: the following video shows all, can definitely tell we havnt jumped for a year! The video shows us going through the Ford too, what a brave pony. I think my boyfriend filmed that in hope I would fall off! :laugh: so anyway my plan is only to jump once a month so the riding club lady said she'd let me know of any lessons I could go to on a nice surface next month :)

I think you look good jumping, all things considered! And how brave was Milo going through the ford?! What a star :flowers:

Well done Clare for qualifying :)

Didn't end up schooling on Sunday, brought him into ride, just as the heavens opened. It absolutely battered it down causing floods and all sorts, so I decided to put him back in the field. Clare came to take photos for his portrait today, she took over 100 photos of him, so now it is just a case of deciding which one to use. She also took some photos of us riding in the school, he felt ok in the walk, but when I did a couple of strides of trot at the end, he went really hollow and didn't go forwards at all. He always is hollow and behind the leg when we first trot, always has been, so am hoping that next time I trot him, he will be a bit better. If not, will be on the phone to the vets again to ask them to come back and check him. Clare said though that from the ground he looked better than the last time she saw him ridden, so hopefully it is just a balance issue and that will come back.

(null)

Have chosen the picture I am going to get done of him :biggrin:

temporary_zpsc37d532f.jpg

I thought it would be a really tough decision, but whilst all the photos she has taken are amazing, this one just jumps out at me :)

Rode him again Friday and Saturday in the school, he was a lot more forward going yesterday and went into trot with the slightest leg aid - still hollow, but at least he was moving somewhere. Might still phone the vet just to make sure I am ok to keep working him. He usually takes a while to drop into an outline, and the fact he has had since April with no trot work, probably won't help.

Lovely pic Gooster :wub:

Aww poor Annie, Rambos are such lovely rugs should be fine once reproofed but bad of the person you bought it from not getting it done before selling it :thumbsdown_still:

Hohum lots of rain here today too, getting that sinking feeling BCA horse trials on Tuesday will be cancelled, really hoping it won't but forecast is not good tomorrow either :(

Havent really been on in a while, jeez the summer whizzed past quickly

My friend and I headed over to Burghley, fabulous 4 days as usual, cant wait until next year.

Still riding away, owner of yard took 4 of us to the beach on Friday as its a short drive in the lorry, bloody brilliant, one of the other girls got piccies so as soon as I get them shall post one up. I was riding a gorgeous little grey pony called Max as they didnt trust Barney to behave.

In lessons still riding Barney, also hacked Phoebe from her yard down to riding school to join in a lesson. My friend very kindly walked down with me and said he will until im happy hacking her myself. Think she will be ok but better safe than sorry. Also an instructor that used to teach at the school is going to start giving me lessons on Phoebe at her yard, middle of next month so really looking forward to that. Determined to be confident enough to enter an event next summer....thats my goal anyway.

Gorgeous piccie of Blue btw :wub:

Well went out for a family dinner on Sunday and got talked into having a look at one of my sisters friends horses...that was bought for a £1.00 because his tendons were knackered....he is 17hh 7yrs old...and possibly an Irish Draught, Sportshorse or ex Race horse she cant remember... who my sisters friend has now nursed back to health but is too afraid to ride or in fact do anything with at all.... she wont school him because she is afraid she will hurt him (she thinks any contact with the bit is cruelty).... another girl on the same yard would like to buy him and do some eventing on him but my sisters friend wont sell him because she thinks eventing him will hurt him ... I can feel a slap round the head coming on....

Dont let him be sold for eventing it'll knacker him. A horse was buying years ago had tendon trouble and been off work for a long time then gradually bought back into work. He was doing really well and the night before i was getting him his idiotic owner took him for a gallop. He broke down on the common and was pts there and then. Eventing will put to much strain on this horse . Hugo was only going to be used for light hacking and would have suited me brilliantly , we got on well and i was devastated to have lost him before getting him, everything was ready including his stable rugs etc.

Thanks guys - Blue's wall eye can make him look like a nutter as well, Claire just managed to capture it when he was looking good!!

Glad you are still riding EAD, your beach ride sounds amazing!

Brought Blue in for the night last night, it rained all day yesterday and forecast more for today (which we have had in abundance!), he was so glad to get into his stable and tuck into a haynet!

Dont let him be sold for eventing it'll knacker him. A horse was buying years ago had tendon trouble and been off work for a long time then gradually bought back into work. He was doing really well and the night before i was getting him his idiotic owner took him for a gallop. He broke down on the common and was pts there and then. Eventing will put to much strain on this horse . Hugo was only going to be used for light hacking and would have suited me brilliantly , we got on well and i was devastated to have lost him before getting him, everything was ready including his stable rugs etc.

Im trying to get a look at his passport to see what he has done before if he is an ex racer - if so I might try and get him an ex racer home where they know what they are doing with TBs , there is no point keeping a horse you are afraid of....its bad for both parties...

Hope you can help get the horse a more suitable home Grace :flowers:

Glad you are still riding and having fun EAD, sounds like things are going well with Phoebe :biggrin:

Had a great day at BCA yesterday, was so pleased with our dressage he was in front of the leg and much more expressive, that in turn had its downfalls as he was quite spooky and inconsistant in the contact but was so happy that I came out not feeling like I'd had to boot him all the way round, off we went to the dreaded showjumping and yet again messed it up :withstupid: but came out with three down which was lucky to be honest so can't complain but going to have to have a serious think on what needs to be done to sort this problem.

Off to xc and I was a bit more apprehensive than last few times as it was the first affliliated 90 I had done since I'd had my wobble and the course had walked quite testing, definately the toughest test we'd ever attempted. I wasn't however too worried about the first three fences so was quite shocked on approaching the first to find that we were wobbling all over the place and the brakes being applied! Lots of shouting and slapping down the neck from me we got over it and then he tried the same at the second, then I realised he was spooking at the sand that had been laid in a track from four strides out on front of the fences. Had a very sticky moment over three for the same reason and it was as skinny, thankfully after that there was no sand and the further we went the more confident we became, locked onto the corner super and then the wood carving to ditch both which worried me on walking the course and we sailed around the rest with big smiles on our faces :biggrin:

Went to check the scores and had 32.5 dressage which left us 4th after dressage, and clear with only 2.4 time penalties xc, showjumping had seemed to cause some problems so our 12 wasn't as bad as it could have been, half way through the section my dodgy maths thought we were in the placings but as there were still 20 odd to go didn't think I'd stay there but popped back to get my dressage sheet later to be totally stunned to find we had finished 6th, our first BE placing and 3 shiny points for Loki. I am still pinching myself that my sick note cow pony that I have produced has been placed affiliated eventing, so so proud of him :wub:

• Like 1