UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

While she was there she asked what I had done about my other one - nothing! I can't face the hassle at the mo :rolleyes: Anyway, she said to get it out again, she just wanted to be sure before I embark on the complaining saga - She is in no doubt that it does not fit, but came up with something very interesting when examining it closely - it is unevenly flocked - one panel is a good half inch deeper than the other - which could explain why I could never get my stirrups to feel normal, and ended up riding with them on different holes. Looks like the cantle is asymmetrical too - got us thinking that maybe the tree is slightly twisted? :unsure:

Would this not give you something to go back the saddler who sold it to you and demand a refund? Try and get it in writing from new saddler and send them an official letter demanding your money back, and mention trading standards, and the injuries to you and Rolo, should get them running for their cheque book :flowers:

Glad it all sounds promising with Tiffany :biggrin:

Loki and I have been out and about on foot this weekend, we even had a bit of a trot today, he makes a better jogging partner than Murphydog :laugh:

Mist has a new horse!

Will upload photo later..

Not quite sure how it happened but I have a lovely new ned.

:biggrin:

Bradders - could you ask Heather if you could borrow one of the ex-demo fhoenix ones, it might be worth a try?

Edited by mist

Morning

:GroupHug: For all the saddle woes!! I'm obviously very lucky cos Kane seems to fit most things really easily! (Although wouldn't be without my treeless for emergency's!! Might be worth investing in one guys just so you have something to hack out in at least?)

Had a lovely weekend. Didn't ride yesterday though cos it was absolutely blowing a gale! Went to try and catch him to bring him in to ride but when he gallopped away from me at 100mph because my coat flapped I decided against it!! :laugh:

Schooled him on friday with Minty being ridden by Helen for the first time in 2 months! MInty wasn't happy...her leg is fine but she HATES schooling so kept bucking!!! :laugh: Helen decided that she'd had enough and took Minty in, and Kane tried ot have a paddy...I managed to not only stop the paddy but also made him walk away from Minty and continue his schooling!! Then went for a short hack on saturday with Minty!! Bad move, she was absolutely full of herself!! And because Kane hadn't ridden out with her for ages he was like a rocket!! Bucked me twice while trotting and then Minty did one almighty buck because Helen tried to stop her from eating!!!! Enjoyed it though cos they were very fresh and seemed to be enjoying themselves!

Mist has a new horse!

Will upload photo later..

Not quite sure how it happened but I have a lovely new ned.

:biggrin:

Oooh how exciting :circle: Come on spill the beans! Can't wait for the pics, what does Nott and Cueva think of their new sister or brother :biggrin:

Wow Jacky sounds like an exciting weekend. Really seems you have got new found confidence with Kane now :flowers:

Mist has another Spanish Lady! Very, very lucky Mist.

She has been bought in partnership with my friend as we have combined forces and now have our own PRE stud (she has bred partbred Spanish for 20 years.)

She is called Tuna, she is three years old and is about to be graded to become a broodmare. She is my absolute dream of what a good Spanish broodmare should be. She will be here in two weeks.

Tuna.jpg

Edited by mist

She's stunning Mist! :wub:

Could we all say a sad goodbye to some things that Barney has become very attached to....his balls!!! :laugh: He's finally developed enough for us to book the vet! :ohmy: Poor Barney he was so enjoying being the only stallion in the village!

So excited my friend is bringing her horse to Lynns for a few days on thursday. Will be lovely to have someone new to ride with and she's well into her jumping so we're going to have a play around in the fields. :biggrin: Please please let the weather be nice!!! :unsure:

Whatsup Bobbysmum :flowers:

Tuna is lovely :wub:

Good luck Barney {ouch!} :flowers: Hope the weather stays fine for you Jacky. How cold was it last night :ohmy:

Horses really do amaze me sometimes, I had another go at long reining Loki last night, the first attempt on Friday got better as we went along but he was still very unsure about the second line around his quaters and paniced if I walked directly behind him, so I didn't.

Last night he came out and said oh yes I know all about this now and you would have thought he had been doing it for ever, we even went over a line of five poles that had been left in the school with me walking behind him :wub:

Physio booked for Saturday, he will then have a week off as I am on hols and fingers crossed the saddler on the 1st will solve our problems, hmmm that all sounds rather simple something will go wrong :laugh: