UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

What a stunning stables!!!!!! If I ever had to keep Kane stabled it would have to be that type! At least they can see each other and socalise.(sp)

nice stable indeed. You see the big white back wall with a ventilation thingy on it? They are building an apartment up there now, and there'll be a window right where the ventilation is now, imagine having that view while eating your dinner!! I am very upset that I can't live there lol...

nice stable indeed. You see the big white back wall with a ventilation thingy on it? They are building an apartment up there now, and there'll be a window right where the ventilation is now, imagine having that view while eating your dinner!! I am very upset that I can't live there lol...

Who'd need a TV!! I'd spend all the evening just looking out at what the horses are doing!!!! Keep me in mind if they need any grooms!!! :wink:

you're not getting my job! :mad: :laugh:

...and the reason I can't live their is because they wouldn't allow me to bring my animals. I can't see you giving up yours any time soon either :D

Oh poop! Knew there had to be a catch!!! :laugh: Can't see my scruffy hairy cob fitting in with the smart set anyway!!! :laugh:

:ohmy: what a wonderful place,a bit different to my yard.

stablesjan2006014.jpg

but I suppose i am lucky that it is my own. I have 3x 1 acre paddocks,4 normal stables and one stallion box down the right hand side and a feed room,stable/barn and hay barn on the left,oh and a tatty caravan as a tea room. :biggrin: Not much but i have been there over 20 years and each year we add a bit of concrete (it never matches) or a barn or we paint something or add a gate to improve it. We have just bought a generator and added lights,we have never had them before! :biggrin:

ive just looked up the crabbett bloodline-fascinating history...thanks Mist

dont they have amazing sort of sticky up curved necks?

seem to have such small delicate looking feet/heads with very muscly bums.

fee

er-i did like the look of them-honest!

I got a bit of a fright yesterday - the farrier came to do the boys feet and it is the first time in a while that I have been able to just stop and stand with Will - he has grown again!!! His bum is now about 15.1hh and his withers not far behind - he is not 2 until May/June... I think he may end up being quite large :rolleyes:

I got a bit of a fright yesterday - the farrier came to do the boys feet and it is the first time in a while that I have been able to just stop and stand with Will - he has grown again!!! His bum is now about 15.1hh and his withers not far behind - he is not 2 until May/June... I think he may end up being quite large :rolleyes:

Yeap sounds like he's going to be a big lad...surely we need photo evidence though!!! :wink:

Indy the coloured mare we have at the farm is 8 months now, she is around 14hh...her owner keeps saying she will stop at 15hh..myself, I'm not convienced!!!! :laugh: :laugh: The 2 section a's have barely grown since they came...we think they are waiting for spring and will shoot up!!! :wub:

Definately need photographic evidence of Will growing :D

I was speaking to someone on the yard saying I thought Loki may have grown a bit recently , or I have shrunk as I never remember his saddle being so high up in the air :laugh: the guy said he definately thinks Loki has Clydesdale in him, and that he thinks he has plenty of growing still to do, apparantly Clydies are known to continue growing up to 7yrs old :ohmy:

I was speaking to someone on the yard saying I thought Loki may have grown a bit recently , or I have shrunk as I never remember his saddle being so high up in the air :laugh: the guy said he definately thinks Loki has Clydesdale in him, and that he thinks he has plenty of growing still to do, apparantly Clydies are known to continue growing up to 7yrs old :ohmy:

Well Kane was only just 15hh when he came to me and he's now a good 15.2 hh so they do grow!!!!!!! :laugh: Me think's you'll be needing a bigger mounting block!!!!!!!!! :laugh: