UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cat Seriously Ill

Helen Louise

My cat Jasper who will be 15yrs in Feb is very ill :mecry: we took him to the vets on Tuesday as he had stopped eating & his weight plummeted, the vet felt something in his abdomen & kept him in overnight to do xrays yesterday, the results from that are he either has a tumour in his gut or it could be a swollen gland due to where it is, on top of that he has a serious case of cystitis & protein in his urine indicating a kidney problem, we brought him home last night with A/B's for the cystitis & Prednicare (steroids) to see if the lump/swelling would respond to them, he also has some urinary food, we were told if he responded to that treatment then the vet would put him on to Fortekor for his kidney problem, he has hardly moved since coming home last night & won't eat or drink :( I've been syringing small amounts of water into his mouth but he is really fighting it :(

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get some fluid into him? if he does not improve in the next 24hrs then I think it will be time to call it a day but I need to give him a little bit of time as he's only been on the medication since yesterday.

Hope that Jasper picks up. My old cat loves that Primula cream cheese squirted out into her plate. I would think there's a fair bit of moisture in it. The chive one is quite strongly flavoured.

The other thing I give her is the sort of gravy from cooked liver. I cook it in the oven, in water and give her the gravy from it

AnnS

Loads of Reiki on the way, hope he's feeling a bit better today.

I'd try any meat juices - home-made chicken broth, fish, liver, whatever he usually likes. You could also try a little honey, just dip your finger in it and touch it to his lips, see if he'll lick his lips - he may take a little that way, it's a complete food, antibiotic, antibacterial, etc, etc....

He may just need to sleep to heal for the moment.

:GroupHug:

There are natural remedies for cyctitis, and even for cancer should it prove to be that.