UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help Needed Pleaseeeeee

Tia&Tara

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im probably speaking out of turn but exactly what kind of reaction did you think you would get on a rescue forum? People on here deal with the huge amount of unwanted dogs and litter after litter of puppies that are the result of irresponsible breeding / owners. Theres no let up...it goes on day after day after day and the simple fact is there are not enough homes for these dogs...how many will be lucky enough to end up safe in rescue and how many will end up chucked out roaming the streets? The lucky few will end up in loving homes because of people busting their balls to get them to safety but we know that there are plenty more who arent as lucky...the ones who at best end their days in a pound and at worst...............?

The fact that you say youre not sure yet if you are going to use him for breeding says it all...you have 2 unspayed females who are mature enough to reproduce and now you have added an unneutered male to the mix. Im sorry but its a disaster waiting to happen :(

Its unfortunate that you see peoples responses as being critical of you but these are the people who mop up the mess from irresponsible owners and breeders...look at the facts...try spending hour after soul destroying hour chasing rescue spaces for dogs in pts situations and then maybe youll see what were getting at.

Edited by katie deans

The correct answer was.............."no I am not breeding him as I am not experienced enough and there are too many dogs in rescue already". :cool:

Thats the correct answer as far as anyone on here is concerned Carole, but obviously not as far as the poster is concerned :(

It doesnt even sound as if the poster actually saw the dog before she bought him, but just looked at some photos, thats how it comes across anyway :unsure: The dog was probably bought specifically to breed, and even if sold, will be sold to a breeder, as the poster said "It may as well be as a stud dog". So I doubt any advice given here will be taken on board, or even if the poster will be back to read any replies, she wants the thread deleted because she didnt get the advice she wanted.

Poor dog, he,s either going to end up as a breeding machine or passed from home to home. :(

well i should have left him where he was to die then should i?????????????????????????????????????

no he was not bought for breeding. none of my dogs were hence the reason they are getting spayed in december if you had read correctly. and the reason my bitches are not yet spayed is due to the fact i preferred to let them have their first season and my vet also preferred that.

i give up

well i should have left him where he was to die then should i?????????????????????????????????????

no he was not bought for breeding. none of my dogs were hence the reason they are getting spayed in december if you had read correctly. and the reason my bitches are not yet spayed is due to the fact i preferred to let them have their first season and my vet also preferred that.

i give up

But you said yourself that you may breed him? Or sell him as a stud dog?

Are you always this prickly? :unsure:

Re the vet trip, I am not as irresponsible as you seem to think. i got him the earliest vet appt as i could which is this evening for a full health check, worming fleas and boosters as well as nutritional advice.

I do know he is underweight otherwise one of my questions would not have been on how best to build him up.

sorry i asked, you obviously would like people to go and deal with things on their own as you do not want to offer any help or advice.

If thats what you think og the breeder please tell him that not me, I am just trying to give this boy a loving warm home and feed him well i didnt think that was so wrong but in your eyes it obviously is.

He is IKC registered and I have his pedigree back to Gt Gt Gt grandparents and if i was the kind of person to breed from a dog just because it looks nice then i would be breeding from my Tia as i think she is stunning but i am not brainless and she is deaf for god sake. give me a bit of credit.

This is going to turn into a slanging match which I didnt want I purely wanted advice based on your knowledge and expertise which I previously said you do not wish to give you would rather get on at me. so feel free to close this topic

I would also thank those for their good helpful replies esp muriel and Tegk68

Thanks

Elaine

no one on here would suggest that you just dealt with it yourself, but you asked for advice and were given it, sensible advice too, but maybe it was not what you wanted to hear and im sorry but on this board we are honest . your dog is at puberty think of him as a 16 yr old boy with two young girlys and all those hormones and its not surprising that he cant help himself, this is possibly going to settle once he has been with you for a short while but if your bitches are entire too you are going to be living in a war zone when one of them comes into heat, he wont come away if you tell him then, he will howl, scream, break down doors and go through walls and even you if nessesary to get to them and it is not fair on either him or them to put them through this, if however you are intending breeding from him or them then i would say that you are being irresponsible you say he has ikc papers so i guess from that that he is an irish staffie a breed that is increasingly being targeted under section 1 of the dda and whose papers are not worth the paper they are written on if he gets in trouble, to bring more into the world when so many are in need and when the breed has no back up from a rescue (there is no irish bull terrier rescue we are the only breed specific rescue to take them and we currently have 35 looking for homes ) is indeed irresponsible, breeding dogs is not just about letting two dogs get on with it and seeing what they produce and from the questions you are asking it doesnt seem you have much experience of the breed so probably forgive me if im wrong have little or know experience of breeding and a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

with reference to your dogs weight problem until hes seen the vet and medical reasons can be ruled out then id wait before messing around too much with his diet he should be kept on what he is used to, given in small regular meals and should be gradually changed to a better quality food so as not to upset his tummy he should not be fed a high protein diet as this will increase his energy levels and so burn off the calories you are putting into him (irish lines are very different to kc dogs in their temperaments and energy levels)

To be honest i would be far more worried about the detrimental effect the introduction of a male will have on your girls how old are they do they currently get on together if they are younger than three you may find that without the added stress of adding to your doggy family that they will begin a power struggle, with another dog this could be accelerated, i hope you do not leave your bitches together when you are not there and if you do please stop now as i really dont want to read on here down the line that you have come home to a bloodbath

So now hes a rescue dog :unsure:

I certainly dont feel I have misread or misunderstood any of your posts on this thread but it just seems that the story keeps changing :unsure:

All any of us can hope for is that you do the right thing for this boy or theres a good chance that somebody will be picking up the pieces in the future :(

So now hes a rescue dog :unsure:

I certainly dont feel I have misread or misunderstood any of your posts on this thread but it just seems that the story keeps changing :unsure:

All any of us can hope for is that you do the right thing for this boy or theres a good chance that somebody will be picking up the pieces in the future :(

:huh: If he,s a rescue, how does she know so much about his background, grt grt grandparents etc? And how did she only see a photo of the dog, before she got him? :unsure:

see where FFMc said "i have seen pics of this dog etc etc the breeder should be shot etc etc" i know he didnt come from a rescue but to my mind i have given this dog a way out anda better life.

btw its not nice to hear quote - So I doubt any advice given here will be taken on board, or even if the poster will be back to read any replies, she wants the thread deleted because she didnt get the advice she wanted. and i do have a name

becuase yes i will be back and i do like this forum and what it does.

and as you all want to have a go at me. i really did want to get into fostering and even approached a said rescue rep and got no reply. thanks for that.

off to vet now no doubt i will come back to more slander

I am shocked at this whole thread. Im sorry but Tara&tia I think you are to kind in covering up for the git who is really responsable for this. I will give the info out and if he has a problem with it he can contact me in person or your going to get all the flack.

Tia&tara had been looking for an irish staff for sometime. Upon going on a certain forum whcih is supposed to be dedicated to the breed and so called good breeders she was recommended one. Upon asking as he had good history (god knows how now) the person told her about a 14 month old male he had that needed homing. Pictures were shown and the said dog looked fit and healthy. It was arranged for them to go up and see the dog. Upon getting there things were very different, the dogs is clearly under weight and locked to a kennel. The breeder told her he had bred this pup and the ppl who had brought him brought him back due to change in curcumstances and his starting to chew due to being left longer. What sounds begrudgingly he took the dog back but said he hadnt the space for it. Now this prat placed this 14 month entire in with another stud dog :ohmy: and fights broke out :( He then eventualy sectioned them apart. The thinness was described as him not wanting to eat!!! he wanted rid of this dog as soon as (also note he has a litter ready to sell and cant sell) He then turned round to Tia&tara and her hubby and said the money is to go back to the ppl who originaly bought as they wanted some money back (to me thats wrong, as the breeder he should pay that out of his own pocket) Now already being there and seeing this little guy thin as hell and depressed they took him to get him out and in a good home with them (hence the statemnet rescued, not from a rescue but from the breeder) They got him home to try and help this little boy and upon doing so has asked for advice.

Now I cant see wrong with what she has done in taking the dog to give him a better chance. She isnt planning to breed him with her 2 bitches as there booked into be spayed, the possible thought was to stud him out maybe. Surely a little explaining would go further than jumping down throats!

I have traced on a few forums this guy and his breeding and it is quite clear he is a peddler and does not have his produce at heart. He has infuriated me completely and I have had to remove posts from him off my forum. The fact here is that the breeder is at fault and yes does need bloody shooting (i said exact same thing) But all tai&tara has done is take this boy on to give a good home. Its a fact of dietry advice needed, what food can help build him up again the best way.

I also suggested nuetering him as best thing to do, I advised it not launched on her ramming it down her throat as in experience doing that will make people turn the other way. Bare in mind nuetering doesnt always stop humping anyway as it certainly hasnt my boy, lol. The food issue is unknown as to how he got so thin. The breeder said he didnt want to eat! yet He eats with tia&tara now, so much so its making him sick, i suggested certain foods in very small amounts frequently. So as to why he got that thin and supposed to not want to eat is unclear, I have my own theory.

This so called breeder should NOT of homed thisdog until one, it was eating properly and of a good healthy weight, if it wasnt eating at all then he shouldnt of homed it. 2 he should of nuetered it before homing it and 3 the dog was covered in fight wounds, he should have had them seen to 1st also. So yes the breeder is a tosser.

If Tia&tara is to blame for this then I fail to see where?

I bought Angel to rescue her from being sold into the wrong hands, she proved difficult to train but with good advice and alot of hardwork on her she has become the little Angel her name states.

Personaly I would like to name and shame this breeder but I know it will be removed off. Infact I bet this post will be also. I apologise now if this post seems hard but I cant sit back and watch someone who has asked for advice to be so misjudged. Not all people are like those out there that got this dog into this state and it can be easy to jump the gun but asking careful questions first and a little understanding might make things more clearer.

Tia&tara im sorry for posting full story though I had said I was posting. I just dont think this guy deserves to be covered up for and the truth not come out.

Andrea, People here have every right to be gobsmacked that this dog may be bred from. No disrespect but its clear elaine(?) does not have enough knowledge to even think about breeding. No one in their right mind would think that one entire male with two bitches at least one of which is not spayed, would behave if told "no" That failure could well cost one or all dogs , even elaine herself seriously.

As for BYB theres hundreds of them out there andrea as you know. If the dog was in such bad state then its an rspca case. By taking the dog out AND lining the breeders pockets, nothing will change. It is admirable that Elaine wants to help , she didnt ask us for a dog, we have plenty of "irish staffords". If she had asked we wouldnt have given her one for very good reason. At the start no one said a thing until elaine mentioned she didnt care to neuter. To me theres only one reason not too so i asked if she planned to breed. She said she may well do so. If this dog is from such a crap breeder its not quality enough to breed so to consider it is totally wrong.

To your original question Tia&Tara about how to stop his humping, I can only echo the calls for neutering that others have made.

I have no care to argue about you buying a dog, that is irrelevant. As Firesidebullbreedsrescue pointed out, at 14 months old this boy is going to have come into full awareness of testosterone. He is going to be rampant and I would expect him to be mounting. You asked how breeders manage, well in my experience they manage by keeping the dogs separate.

Please seriously consider neutering, there is no war here, just experience, knowledge and advice, as asked for.

Whatever the outcome, please do not sell him on as a stud dog - that would be the worst thing possible.