UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Spoooky Happenings In The 'fuge.

KathyM

I cannot believe these things are being discussed here. I really thought that we are past the stage of even thinking about these *yokes*.

I would never ever use them and believe me, I have had some *tough nuts* here, especially some of the Bull Breeds. I think we all agree at least to the extent that dogs should be trained with brain NOT a chain.

I feel very strongly about this as I often get dogs in which went through the mill. And when you see a 12 months old French Bulldog arriving at your doorstep with a choke chain tightly under his chin because the *dogtrainer* had advised them to do so, my stomach turns. I have had a RR's here who got the electroshock collar treatment and it took me ages before I could even put a normal collar on him.

Sarah

Right - just to illustrate my point in a moment - look what came up in the posting box when I clicked to start new topic:

I cannot believe these things are being discussed here. I really thought that we are past the stage of even thinking about these *yokes*.

I would never ever use them and believe me, I have had some *tough nuts* here, especially some of the Bull Breeds. I think we all agree at least to the extent that dogs should be trained with brain NOT a chain.

I feel very strongly about this as I often get dogs in which went through the mill. And when you see a 12 months old French Bulldog arriving at your doorstep with a choke chain tightly under his chin because the *dogtrainer* had advised them to do so, my stomach turns. I have had a RR's here who got the electroshock collar treatment and it took me ages before I could even put a normal collar on him.

Sarah

I didn't put that there. It is however, the last post I replied to. What's going on?

List of weird things happening just on here for me today:

1. That weird quote popping up out of nowhere.
  2. Sometimes (quite often) when I click to go to the next page of a thread, it takes me to forum homepage.
  3. Clicking a link on the forum homepage sometimes leads to it only refreshing (eg clicking to go into Doggie Chat).
  4. Basically clicking just about any link in here is sending me back to the homepage - not ALL the time, but enough.
  5. Forum doesn't like me :(

Is it just me? :(

Sarah

I've tried to reply to my post above twice now *lol*. As you can see it's still automatically adding the quotey thing.I wonder if this time it'll actually post the reply instead of booting me to the forum menu page again.

*Takes a deep breath* I'm going in!

Try number 3 to post this reply (keeps sending me to forum index when I click to reply):

Still doing it - just clicked to view this thread and it took me back to the forum index. Definitely not happening elsewhere so I don't think it's my puter. :flowers:

Thanks Kerrio - have taken your advice and will see how it goes. Seems to be working so far, sorry to have been a pain. I didn't think it would be my computer being only this forum affected.

*Spoke too soon - just clicked for the smilies (to do a nice big blushing face LOL), and it opened the Search page. :glare: *

I'm back, it's still buggering about. Argh.

Pleased I wasn't the only person who was a bit uncomfortable at that! I have a dog who raids bins, I put a child lock on :unsure: it doesn't have to be scary.

It's interesting about dogs you have to be 'firm' with. I'm not sure if I agree. I think if you're firm of mind, then you can get them to do things *without* a firm tone of voice. What people tend to do is ask nicely first, then use a firmer tone of voice and back that up (not necessarily with punishment but with witholding reward or removing attention) and the dog then learns that being asked nicely isn't really worth bothering with. Not about being stubborn just learning what gets reinforcement and what doesn't.

Dogs do what is rewarding, and if it's more worthwhile carrying out a command first time than it is ignoring it, then that's what they'll do.

Argh see? It's adding the last quote I did again. So you think it's paranormal Mel? So it's a beyond the grave goobly with an interest in dog behaviour? Is Barbara Woodhouse dead? She is in't she? B*ll*cks to that, I'm calling Derek Pakora to oops upside her head and roundhouse kick her back into oblivion. :unsure:

its not just you kathy it happened to me too i put a bid in on kerrio on the auction :laugh: and apparently a quote came up too from a completely different thread on refuge got a nice email from ange saying you are a numpty and ive removed it for you :biggrin: well it didnt but im sure thats what she meant :laugh: only i didnt do it :wacko:

If you press quote, the quote will appear wherever you next reply, even if it's on a different thread/section of the forum. I presume that's what you did Mel - and I didn't call you anything like a numpty :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh: , I just told you I'd edited the post to remove the quote that was in the wrong place :D

It seems to be working a bit better today - have just been avoiding here because it's been a nightmare. This is the first time it's worked first time to get on this thread since I posted it (although it's still going dead slow), bet I've jinxed myself now and it'll all go t*ts up again. :rolleyes: :laugh:

No problems at all with any other sites I go on.

I was right, it all went t*ts up. Taken me 5 attempts just to get this far, God knows how many times it'll take for this message to make it onto the thread. :rolleyes:

I think only thing left to do now is for me to give the forum a break until I've moved (and see if a new connection fixes it, as I've done everything else and am not having probs elsewhere), seeing as we're not getting anywhere with this thread. In the meantime, if anyone has any advice, it'd prolly be easier to not reply on here but contact me off the board via email - otherwise it'll take about 4 or 5 attempts to even get as far as reading it, then having to go through 3 or 4 attempts at posting a reply. I'm in the midst of packing and homework as it is *lol*.

Thanks for trying, and if I don't hear from you, I'll hopefully see you in a couple of months. :unsure: :flowers: