UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Kind Of Special Are You?

border collie

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh - you know the actual name on my birth certificate, which I haven't been known by for 30 years? yes, I think I did tell a few people on teh chat one night. If anyone remembers it they are doing better than most.

OK then tell me what you think it is :)

I believe it starts with a P and ends with an E. Am I correct? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it starts with a P and ends with an E. Am I correct? :)

No, you are thinking of the name I am generally known by. I adopted it informally about 30 years ago and sign P as one of my middle initials, but it isn't the one I was landed with at birth.

If I am philosophical I could say we are all special because we are all unique, but that would be the end of this thread.

I am special because though life sometimes is very difficult, trying and challenging, it is a joy with my children, dogs and all those friends I made!

My name starts with a D and if anyone really wants to know I suppose I might tell them. Mum gave me an unusual name to make me unique and special. Children don't often like being different, so it wasn't appreciated. I really wanted to be called Sheila Margaret and grow up to be as ordinary as possible apart from being the first woman prime minister. My life has not turned out as planned :laugh:

Owl is your real name Dilys? Apparantly my birth mother wanted to call me that, thank God she didn't :laugh: she was also going to call my sister Brenda, which isn't quite as awful but combined with our surname...

Dilys and Brenda Banford :huh: snort.

I am special because, um, nope can't think of any reason actually. I'm just ordinary and boring on the whole :laugh: