UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bio Flow Collars

Annie

Anyone have any experience of using these on your dog :unsure:

I'm thinking of getting one for Sid my lurcher who has back pain, they are rather pricey so I'd appreciate some feedback before I shell out £30 odd quid :)

My oldie trailhound had back and leg problems and I borrowed one of these collars to see if it helped. It did help my trailie a lot so I went ahead and bought one. I know they are a bit pricey but I thought it was well worth it. I know they dont work for every dog but it is well worth a try. I hope Sid's back is soon better.

My dog has a magnetic collar and that was £30. She has artheritis in her front legs and shoulders. She is on drugs as well but, I tried taking it off for a couple of days and she went lame and was ok when I put it back on again.

I wear a magnetic bracelet for back pain and if I leave it off for more than 24 hours I am in pain.

I would say go for it.

I know some people say it's phycological but, it kept mine off needing any drugs for 12 months and that can only be good.

Ellie

Well worth it, but have a look on ebay first as they're often selling there for round about £20 so a tenner saved :wink:

I wanted one for my old girl, but kept getting blocked and then a friend sent a different make of magnetic collar. It took 5 or 6 weeks, but one day she just got up and walked across the road which she hadn't done for ages :)

I bought one for my daughter's elderly and arthritic Springer. It made no difference to him as far as we could tell. However I wear a magnetic bracelet - it relieved 2years of neck pain from a whiplash injury. I wouldn't be without it.

• 3 weeks later...

Bramble who is five has "undiagnosed lameness" in his hips and has been on pain meds, swimming, joint supplements and reduced exercise for the last 4 months perhaps. It was at the point where i was seriously considering not walking him as after 20 mins he was limping and falling over which was very upsetting for him not to mention painful (he had gotten quite grumpy/aggressive with other dogs coming near him).

He has been wearing his Bioflow collar for about a week and yesterday managed a 1 hour walk (he dragged me :wub: ) with no lameness at all. It could be a fluke what with the warmer weather or he could have just been having a good day but fingers crossed i think its the collar :)

Grousie has worn hers since she got run over and considering the op she had to have she hasn't even a limp now......if I leave it off for more than 24hours you can see the difference in her. I recc. bio-flow over some of the cheaper ones as they don't affect microchips.

Guest Whippetlover

I can't rate these highly enough :wink: Have used mine on numerous occasions and really believe that they work.

I think they have proved themselves with all sorts of healing, not just lameness. Recently had a trauma that involved a very sorry for himself whippet and lots of staples in his right shoulder :( Even the vet couldn't believe that less than 48 hours later the would have completely fused, he was really dumbfounded. It was a large wound and although should have begun the granulation process, any stress applied to the area should have pulled it apart. He suddenly noticed the bioflow collar on Ollie's neck and started to ask all sorts of questions. He really felt that the magnetism had been at work :biggrin:

He has since bought two.........

I would say go for it. I always have one in the doggy first aid kit :wink:

As microchips have been mentioned.

I asked my vets about magnetic collars affecting microchips before I got mine and he told me this.

> > yes, there should be no interaction between a microchip and magnetic

> > collars. As I understand it the chips are actually small crystals which

> > resonate when a reader goes over them and not electrical devices at all.

> >

> > our chips are made by bayer ('TRACER')

> > http://www.bayer.co.uk/products/animalhealth.html#tracer, you may be

able

> to

> > get more specific information off them.

> >

He got my collar for me.

Ellie :flowers: