UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Agility Brags

kirisox

i dont know how u cope over the weekend. i hadnt entered anything but even if i had, i wouldnt have gone, big dudley just wont work when its this hot. being mainly black and hairy really dosent add up to a sun lover .we have agility this eve at 8pm so i hope its cooled down enough. please pray that it will cool down for next weekend as im entered for uka and i really want to go!

Any of my brags will always be about how my daughter has done with mostly my dogs as she nicks them off me.

This weekend at Barrow Cedar actually got his KC name read out for the first time with a 7th in Junior Jumping.

Fingers crossed that he may at last be getting over his setback after being attacked at training about 18 months ago.

And old girl Penny (12 and a half), who we've been thinking should be on the verge of retirement for a good while now, got her first ever place in Intermediate Jumping (as far as I can remember) with a 19th - and a 19th in Intermediate Agility - and a 13th in Novice Agility - and a 5th in Junior Agility.

She's never been a very fast dog so it's all the more surprising that she can still get placed.

Most remarkable of all - she got her dog walk contact at least 3 times - unheard of.

Pam

i dont know how u cope over the weekend. i hadnt entered anything but even if i had, i wouldnt have gone, big dudley just wont work when its this hot. being mainly black and hairy really dosent add up to a sun lover .we have agility this eve at 8pm so i hope its cooled down enough. please pray that it will cool down for next weekend as im entered for uka and i really want to go!

I've found with little Dudley that a plant sprayer with nice cool water in sprayed between in legs and rounds his neck really help when it's boiling hot at shows and training.

Any of my brags will always be about how my daughter has done with mostly my dogs as she nicks them off me.

This weekend at Barrow Cedar actually got his KC name read out for the first time with a 7th in Junior Jumping.

Fingers crossed that he may at last be getting over his setback after being attacked at training about 18 months ago.

And old girl Penny (12 and a half), who we've been thinking should be on the verge of retirement for a good while now, got her first ever place in Intermediate Jumping (as far as I can remember) with a 19th - and a 19th in Intermediate Agility - and a 13th in Novice Agility - and a 5th in Junior Agility.

She's never been a very fast dog so it's all the more surprising that she can still get placed.

Most remarkable of all - she got her dog walk contact at least 3 times - unheard of.

Pam

Well done Penny and your daughter, it's great when they have their name called over the tannoy isn't it. Never thought it would happen to Dudley and now can't wait for the the have to read Suzi of the Molly Mop Tops :biggrin:

i hate it with big dudley. hes got the name his breeder gave him (krakenexis kaligula) which i hate and they can never pronounce it and they nearly alwasy say my name wrong. my jrt will be easyer, shes 'tiddler on the roof' but i doubt she will ever get placed. shes so slow! her first proper show is uka this weekend.

i hate it with big dudley. hes got the name his breeder gave him (krakenexis kaligula) which i hate and they can never pronounce it and they nearly alwasy say my name wrong. my jrt will be easyer, shes 'tiddler on the roof' but i doubt she will ever get placed. shes so slow! her first proper show is uka this weekend.

I thought that about Dudley, we got our first placing at UKA last October and our first KC one in April so never say never.

didnt post my brag in here... i must have forgotten!

I got another clear round on Sat!. Thats make it my third now. I got my first in the Isle of Man, one at It Barks and then I got one at Barrow on Sunday!

It was slow cos I called her back before the weave and did contacts slowly to make sure she got them, but it was clear and within the course time! Pity it was a noc grad course cos it doesnt count for my points in my book!

I was soo pleased with her i made a big fuss and then accidently trod on her foot!!!! i hope she doesnt remember that!

Megan got her first ever clear in beginners steeplechase at the uka -GT show in Newbury, which gave us a 4th place rosette!

I'm so proud of her, its only taken us 2 years to get a clear, and shes recovering from an injury and so has had a long break. :wub:

Well done Lucy and Megan :partytime: .

I was there aswell, not long got home as we camped.

Dizzy did really, well 1st in Senior Steeplechase (std) and 1st in Senior Agility (std) on Saturday (only need some points in games to go into Champion - scary).

Also ran Mum's dog (she can't run because of her hip) Gem, and got, 2nd in Novice Jumping (std), and 1st in Senior Steeplechase (std) today.

It was a good weekend (especially the bbq and beer in the evenings :biggrin: )

big dudley got a 5th and 10th in steeplechase classes at uka. got clears in both games classes instead of usual elimination so that was good. my jrt got her first clear in the nursery too

:partytime:

Way to go big Dudley.