UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Agility Brags

kirisox

Wow, well done to all, what a list of brags and it's only 10 days into July!!!

Levi got his first ever intermediate place, 19th in jump, at Tuffley in his 3rd ever intermediate round, clever Wabbit :wub: Also placed both Nov classes on Sun and a 21st in Olympia abc on Sat. He's cut his pad since so we're both sulking lots :rolleyes:

Back to Crufts again next year for the YKC competitions.

My daughter Carrie qualified for both the Agility Dog of the Year and Team competitions at the weekend with my ex dog Hazel.

Entry to the Medium agility is to be based on points during the year, but I don't think there's any danger that she won't get enough.

(I don't mean to sound arrogant - I'm willing to bet that virtually any YKC member with a Medium dog who sends in points will get in.)

Next she has to try and qualify in the Jumping with her at Stoneleigh in August.

Being realistic, it's not as hard to qualify for Crufts with a Medium as with a Large dog because of lower numbers.

I wish I'd taught her to do Flyball too. We like to keep busy at Crufts.

The Champ class was a different story - slight hesitation where she should have sent Hazel round the back of a jump and E'd for a back jump in the Agility round. In good company, though.

I can't remember how she got E'd in the Jumping. Good enthusiasm from a very moody dog, though. Perfect weather for her - cool and cloudy.

Pam

• 2 weeks later...

today we got 8th in the starters agility at newlands. although we have had a 5th and 7th in the past, ive never had a place at a 'proper' show. that is to say shows where you get people you recognise from crufts! we were 2.01 secs of the leader which is great for a big lump like big dudley. my jrt went clear in the small jumping if it werent for the small matter of being eliminated for having a wee..

Poppy got 3 clear rounds at the Ramsey show... although one technically doesnt count as she had time faults!

She also got two seconds, a third and a fourth in the starters classes. I was very pleased with her. She concentrated much better than she has for a long while now!