UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Agility Aaaarrrggghhhsss

crazyspaniels

OK thought I would start a new thread for that time when you come home and just want to go aaarrrggghh at something annoying or daft that happened.

Yesterday in starters agility we had a cracking round and Bilbo ducked out of the last jump, don't know why because all my friends said he was straight, I was straight and he had to make an effort to duck out, something caught his eye, and we were blooming clear, i didn't know we were as I thought the judge had clocked a missed contact so I wasn't running for the clear, just a good round.

so here's my aaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh :biggrin: :biggrin:

ooh i could have started this thread! yesterday at haslemere we were half way round the starters jumping having done a fab set of weaves right at the start. we were running along a line and at the end, the jumps went to the right, he got to the corner and for some reason i went quiet so he came round to look at me and missed the corner jump out! i was sooo gutted with myself as we would have done a fab clear otherwise! duh!

Yesterday at Otley - my daughter Carrie running Cedar and on line for his first Agility clear round - and she missed out the third jump from the end!

That'll teach her to pay more attention when she's walking courses, and to watch the rounds in front of her.

And she's far from being a beginner, so should know better.

Pam

Last time at training, someone gave our trainer lamb-roast to put down as treats, and Indy went mental, she ran so fast to get to the end of the row of obstacles, that there was no chance in hell of me keeping up, or directing her :laugh: I am of course pleased my dog shows potential to be fast, but it would be nice to be in on the game sometimes :laugh:

Maybe we will do better tonight, leaving soon!

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh we were going clear on a really twisty jumping course today........ 3 jumps from the end and it was just one twisty-turny bit too many and I got confused and sent Jay over the wrong jump *DOH* :withstupid:

Two from Woodside yesterday-

1 - Cedar had a rreally good start in Novice Graduate Jumping until he got to no 4 (the weaves) and some really helpful woman by the ring decided to choose that moment to open her bag and start rootling about.

You can guess where hound Cedar headed.

2 - Preliminary agility round in the Champ class and Hazel hurt her leg half way round and finished really slowly. The round was good enough to get her through to the Final and she seemed to have got over it, but I think she remembered what had happened and wasn't happy.

Still - it was her first Champ class and she and Carrie did fine.

And it was nice to meet crazyspaniels.

Pam

We are only just starting to compete so I am pretty happy with anything resembling an attempt to do something right either by me or Carly (The Dog). This weekend we were in a starters competition - up until now we have only elementary at 20" jump height and pawsability at 15". She has a habit of going under jumps - she is a small large dog. The jumps were set at 25.6" so considerably larger than she has ever done before in competition - so I wasn't holding out any hope of a clear round but would have been pleased if she made an attempt to do all of or most of the jumps.

Would you believe it - She jumped perfectly and made all her contacts until half way through the round her dork of a handler told her to go right instead of straight on. All I could do was say "sorry mate" held my hands up and then watched in admiration as she did the rest of the course perfectly.

Maybe next time. AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH.

• 8 months later...