UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2014 Gym And Fitness Escapades

gooster

I know what you mean Sam - it's like when I walked in on Tuesday morning he was chatting to Ryan and came out with the comment 'bloody hell, what are you doing here this early? Did you piss the bed or something?'. I just told him that I was coming in to train with Ryan. I did a 45 min abs hammering and when I walked upstairs he was walking on the treadmill and commented that I wasn't even sweaty (I was). Snide little man.

Speaking of sweating - after last night's classes I had 2 rather unfortunate sweat patches right over my boobs in my gym top :laugh: :rolleyes: thankfully I had my towel with me, so wrapped that over the offending area whilst I went to the changing rooms :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

well Gooster i reckon there could be 2 causes to your mans comments... 1 (and the preferable in my opinion) is he is jealous of you or 2 (and the worst of the 2) is he fancies you!

does anyone here use wii fit at all??? i weighed myself at the start on it said i was ideal weight (i know i am not overweight but i need to keep my weight lower due to my health problems) i re did the test at the end just to see what weight i was as i wasn't sure about my bmi and weight (my scales give me a different weight to the wii anyway) and when i re checked my weight it was telling me i had gained nearly a stone! that would put me at nearly 11 stone......... i am deffo not that heavy, i was gutted at getting to 10 stone 2 and i am just devastated now

I wouldn't say that Arthur fancies me, and even if he does, he wouldn't stand a chance, since he is in his 50s :laugh: :rolleyes:

I have a wii fit, but don't use it anymore - tbh Griff I take no notice of scales. I just go off how I look and feel in myself. I think I look better now than when I was 7 stone about 7 years ago. I have sculpted abs, I have good muscle tone on my arms and shoulders etc. however I am one and a half stone heavier :) So many people get hung up on their weight on the scales, but I think life's too short to worry about numbers :flowers:

Hey don't knock the older man!!!! (i speak from experience :laughingsmiley: )

well it is deffo my wii that has an issue, the scales upstairs have only altered by a pound so it is the wii, as long as it still works for the yoga bit it will be fine. i am not happy with the way i look at all at the moment, that is the problem really, last summer i looked fantastic a good weight and nicely toned tummy... this year i don't like me at all.

I don't mind an older guy, but Arthur is really not a good catch - George Clooney/Brad Pitt maybe, but def not Arthur :laugh:

Is your wii board on carpet? I think that can affect the measurements :flowers:

Done spin and circuit tonight - no matter how much I do box jump burpees, I still don't like them :laugh:

Lol, poor Arthur!!!!

I have my wii on some board and it has always been o.k up until today.... i was using rechargeable batteries in it today and i had charged them but i will pick up a pack of batteries in case that is the problem

Lol Burpees... i wonder who comes up with these names

• 2 weeks later...

How is everyone getting on?

Had a bash at this month's gym challenge today. This month is a plank - I managed 5min 15 seconds after I had done a spin class :biggrin: Leader at the moment is Arthur who did 7.27, however apparently he was moving his arms and rocking back and forward on his toes etc. I have a month to improve my plank time and kick his ass! :laugh:

Ha, it wouldn't have bothered me if he hadn't shouted across the gym on Tuesday 'I thought you were supposed to be fit, but I can beat you at a plank' :rolleyes: I just get on with stuff in the gym, I am not used to being good at exercise yet, so am not exactly going round yelling to everyone in the gym about how awesome I am!

Mr G did some training with me today - he asked what I wanted to train. I made the mistake of saying legs. OMG. My legs are dead. 30 squats with no bar, 30 back squats with 20kg bar, 5x5 sets of back squats with a 40kg bar, then the same with a stiff legged deadlift (except the final set I used a 50kg bar). Followed by Bulgarian split squats 4 sets of 15 on each leg whilst holding a 10kg hand weight in each hand. If I can walk tomorrow it will be a miracle :laugh:

Thankfully I only see him if I go into the gym early doors, so I can usually avoid him.

I was quite right, I couldn't walk after Saturday's training session. Legs were just about feeling ok today, when Mr G killed them again in spin :rolleyes: I always go at the front in spin and I said to Emma my friend next to me at one point 'omg my legs are only just mended from the weekend', Mr G heard this and just smiled at me :laugh: Can't wait to go on holiday and have another bikini pic taken - am looking forward to seeing the changes in my body and muscle tone from January :)