UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Little Chloe Puss Has Gone, Just A Baby, I'm Devasated

Ian

Thankyou, despite Lucy being young and energetic the house still sometimes seems eerily quiet without her running around at the moment & I'm just trying to keep busy really, I keep looking at the only photos I've been able to access of her at the minute (have yet to find the card reader for the early ones), one not so good, the other wrapped in the blanket I brought her home in & looking like she's just asleep.

It's such a shame for one so young to leave us, but life sucks sometimes. In time I hope my happier memories of her will help to think of her in happier ways, as short as they sadly were destined to be.

Thankyou.

Chloe was my first cat & to be honest there were times when she was small & clawing her way up my legs & sometimes the curtains I wondered whether she might also be my last but she soon won me over & I'm now missing having her around, as I think is Lucy as she'd enjoy playing with Chloe.

A little soon yet but in time Lucy I may well therefore find that we now "have to" offer a home to another cat

Ian I firmly believe that when (and if) you are ready to give a home to another cat then the cat that is meant for you will find its way to you. All my cats came to live with me without me actually looking for them. I hope this makes sense to you - I know what I mean! LOL

• Like 1

Just saw this Ian...I'm so very sorry for your loss, but having had many cats over the years, it does sound as if she had a neurological problem, probably from birth..either that, or she found and drank some antifreeze. Either way, nothing you did/didn't do could have had any effect, please don't punish yourself by thinking somehow it could be your fault. I know you won't want to at the moment, but please get another kitten, there are so many needing homes and you will be a wonderful owner for one.

Ian I firmly believe that when (and if) you are ready to give a home to another cat then the cat that is meant for you will find its way to you. All my cats came to live with me without me actually looking for them. I hope this makes sense to you - I know what I mean! LOL

Yes I know what you mean. I hadn't gone looking for Lucy, (Gsd), I just noticed her straying as I drove down the road, she was young & frightened so I didn't want to see her in kennels but did think she'd be claimed as a pretty young dog. Her owners never came forward & she just made herself at home with little Chloe & I

Just saw this Ian...I'm so very sorry for your loss, but having had many cats over the years, it does sound as if she had a neurological problem, probably from birth..either that, or she found and drank some antifreeze. Either way, nothing you did/didn't do could have had any effect, please don't punish yourself by thinking somehow it could be your fault. I know you won't want to at the moment, but please get another kitten, there are so many needing homes and you will be a wonderful owner for one.

Thankyou, the vet did seem to conclude it was neurological but never for sure whether from birth or brought on by some other factor. Probably not just yet but I'm missing her character & in time we may find we've become household that just isn't the same without a dog and a cat