UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Little Chloe Puss Has Gone, Just A Baby, I'm Devasated

Ian

Over the last twelve days or so the adorable little Chloe puss has been fighting a still largely unexplained battle and sadly at about 2am last night lost her fight for life aged just 9 months old.

Initially she had a couple of odd "clumsy moments " - one roll to the left, another day tipple tailing but was seemingly well, eating running around, jumping etc & just got up & on her way again.

On Thursday 28th she stopped eating - she was usually quite greedy. Otherwise still seemed fine

By Monday 4th she'd become very quiet, was walking more like she was stalking & she was admitted by the vet. She also developed a slight cough. Initial thoughts were possible poisoning or trauma but after fluids via drip, anti inflamatories / sickness & anxiety medication & having spent 3 nights witht them she was seemingly responding.

On Thursday she came home, still not entirely back to herself but mobile again etc & said to have eaten a little in there. Once home and unmedicated she wouldn't do so again however & I only managed to get fluids into her with a syringe.

By Friday evening she was nevertheless looking more like herself again had jumped up & down on my bed etc.

Blood tests & chest xrays showed nothing of concern, organs okay etc so I was still expecting her to get through this.

On Sunday evening however she took a turn for the worse again & was readmitted on Monday morning, apparently with a low temperature. More fluids, & attempts to raise her temperature, though largely unsuccessful despite trying into the night.

Sadly, I received a call by about 10.30 last night & though having been placed in an oxygen tent & calmed again when I got there shortly after sadly at about 2am this morning, her life barely having begun my poor little girl left us for the bridge.

I'm told her symptoms were very unusual, liver shunts / birth defects, neurological issues had all been mentioned as possible problems so I still don't really know what or why it happened. I've probably been torturing myself for days - did I miss something, healthy 9 month old cats don't just die or get ill like this etc - trying to think of anything that could have caused it or might have helped & saved her.

My old camera broke & I'm going to have to find a card reader to access the only photos I have of her - as a very young kitten. Though she'd obviously grown significantly I still thought of her as "little puss", hadn't expected anything to happen to her before further changes & just enjoyed time with her rather than taken photos.

It seems so unfair, she was both my first ever cat and an absolutely adorable little character, I just keep wanting to go in and see her (she's "obviously" come home to be buried with Jo, Joyce, Tara and Thor) and sobbing

RIP "Chloe, little puss" :mecry:

• Like 2

I'm so sorry. It's so very wrong that you've lost Chloe.

But you mustn't blame yourself. You gave her every bit of care you could. And it is unusual, but sadly, sometimes, young healthy animals (and people) do get ill and die.

It's never easy to lose one of our beloved animals, but to lose one so young must be so painful.

Run free at the Bridge, Chloe.

Thankyou both.

It is difficult as though yes I tried to do my best for her I think it's that nagging what if ....... eg had we found the cause for certain could we then have found the cure?

Perhaps there was no cure but as you say, particularly at just 9 months it seems so wrong. What happened to prayer? It certainly never seems to work for me in the life or death situations. :(

Thankyou all. I'm trying to keep busy but am in reality very up & down at the moment & though I did indeed love her and do my best, as I've done for all of my animals it just doesn't seem enough to me at the minute. 9 months is so tragically young & the fact I can't even explain it this time, as you say above life seems so cruel sometimes.

Only a short time before we went to the vets on Monday Chloe had gingerly climed her way onto Lucys back end as she slept, wanting to lay there with her. She slipped off fairly quickly but even then Lucy didn't bat an eye lid. She'd obviously been looking for Chloe the three days she was away & as soon as she came home & afterwards wanted to lick her face at every opporunity.

It would have been so nice to be able watch them and their friendship grow together. :(

• Like 1

Thankyou all. :flowers:

I've buried her along with Jo, Joyce, Tara and Thor today to the sounds of Simon & Garfunkels Bridge over troubled waters, Lionel Ritchies three times a lady, Queens You're my best friend, - songs I've used for them all Frank Sinatras My Way - seemed to sum up her (/ a cats?) attitude to life and Perry Comos Via Con Dios. The latter two were used at my Dads funeral (also suiting him!) but Via con dios was also what his friend of many years posted in the local paper and is apparently translated as go with god or in the wrods of the song god be with you.

RIP sweetheart :wub_anim:

Edited by Ian