UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Sam I weigh that. I am 5' 1"....

Hopefully you will be able to find something suitable

Xxx

I am not trying to lose anymore but its harder to get a balance diet here !

I have a few leads re treadmills ,

Hope you manage to get back to the cardio Sam - do make sure you eat for the work you are doing though :flowers:

Well done Murtle on the mile sprint :biggrin:

On Thursday I ran 1.5 miles on the treadmill in 15.21, today I managed it in 15.06 :biggrin:

wow thats a great pace , I miss running soooooo much

I am planning to run outside here at some point but currently its monsoon rains every morning and not doable

Today I did 20 minutes of yoga in the morning with Rodney

and 30 minutes of circuits with Jillian in the evening

I like yoga but Mr Rodney makes me laugh as he keeps talking about pressing my "buttocks flesh" into the mat !

I think I would laugh at pressing my buttocks flesh into the mat as well :laugh:

I did the strength and conditioning class today. OMG, what a class! I walked in and James was surprised to see me. I told him I had been dreading his class all week as I know that he shouts at people, so not to shout at me too much. He said as I had said that he would shout at me even more :rolleyes: :laugh: The warm up was pretty intense, with 10 squats, 10 press ups, 10 burpees, then 9 of each, 8 of each etc. Then I was a bit like circuit training, with 1 minute on each station. Some of the stations were ok, like a minute of sit ups holding a weight behind your head, and a minute on the spin bike. Other stations were horrid, like a minute of jumping on the step box followed by a burpee, or another one where you had to squat low and do shoulder presses with the bar for a minute whilst staying in the squat. Evil. I didn't get shouted at much though, so I must have done ok :) There was also a fair bit of eye candy in the class too :wink:

Well done sounds like a great class.

I ran 5.1 miles last night at an average pace of 9.29min miles!

This morning I have just run 3.1 miles at 9.39 min miles. Very pleased, finally feel like I am able to run better again after being poorly!

Hope Sam is pressing very firmly her buttocks flesh into the mat still :-) xx

Glad you are getting your strength back Mary :flowers:

Tone and Shape this morning was with a different instructor - he likes burpees and other nasties, so it was pretty tough going :laugh: Am definitely starting to feel the pain in my bum muscles now :rolleyes:

Hello. Im sneaking in here although I may run away screaming with all the scary gym talk. Have decided I need to get into reasonable shape esp with Sri Lanka coming up in September. Yesterday I went swimming and proved to myself how unfit I really am. I only managed 8 lengths and I ache like crazy now in my arms and between my shoulder blades. Im hoping to make it a regular thing and to build my stamina up. If I feel less achy tomorrow Im going to try again and maybe get another 2 lengths in.

Welcome Amy :wavey:

I used be scared of all the gym talk too, but the fitness bug grabbed hold of me :laugh:

Well done on your swimming! Does your pool do aqua aerobics? The reason I ask is that when I do aqua fit, I usually do a few lengths, then the class, followed by a few lengths to finish off, it's a nice way to break up the swimming with the added bonus of a workout class in between :)

Hello Amy and welcome to the crazy people thread ;-). We are all lovely and not scary though!!

Only 8 lengths?! That's ONLY 8 lengths more than you did the day before!! We all start somewhere and you have taken the first step, which is the hardest, so well done!!

Well done Jayne are you enjoying the running?

I did the group training tonight! We were doing 1km paced runs. I ran with a faster lady than me so managed to get all my time well under 6min km's. it felt really good to be able to do it :-) x

Well done Murtle :)

I am quite enjoying it - Mr Grumpy said that 14.36 was a good time for 1.5 miles - I started off at 6.1mph and finished the last 0.5 miles at 6.3mph :) I am really pleased with myself :) Am just trying to decide now whether to cut my time down and keep at 1.5 miles, or whether to try and increase the distance but keep at the same pace :unsure:

That's good Jayne. Slow down a little to increase your pace, then increase it again. Less likely for injury and you'll be surprised how quickly you'll be able to then increase your pace. The longer distances will also help increase your shorter distance speeds. xx