UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rspca Man

Pendlewitch

RSPCA volunteer was wandering up the street yesterday trying to get people to donate to the funds, OH informed him we had enough waifs and strays to look after already. Chap was closly observing Jack dog, 'What breed it that one then' he asked, 'er, wot' I said, peering at my short legged, black, brown and mostly white obvious JRT. I told him it was an Iberian Dust Hound, he says he's never heard of that breed, are they rare!!!!! Snort!

He then looks at Jumble and says he is def crossed with a Doberman or a Rottie! 'What' shrieked I, 'it's a BORDER COLLIE'. Mmmm says our man, not with those brown spots over his eyes, deff Rottie. 'It's a Border Collie you loon, you know, they round up sheep' I gibbered, 'Oh' says our man, 'one of those'. Next in line is Cecil who is admiring the chaps shoes and ignoring his attempts to get his atttention, 'Don't mind Cecil' I said, 'he has dementia and isn't really with us a lot of the time', 'oh' says our man, ' that's rare', dogs don't often get dementia'! Arrrgh! I suppose collectors don't have to know about dogs but some breeds are fairly common.

Apart from his lack of doggie knowledge he was such a nice bloke and I feel a bit guilty with the Dust Hound bit but I did think he would have just had hysterics and told me I was barmy! :biggrin:

RSPCA ( and many other charities) use 'chuggers' ,as they are called , or face2face fundraisers.

Street fundraisers are paid an hourly wage; they do not work on commission, though they can receive bonus payments. Door fundraisers can be paid a wage whereas others are paid according to how many donors they recruit.

The charity pays the fundraising agency directly an agreed fee for each donor recruited.

So the charity only gets a proportion of what is collected