UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Animal-Related Work Experience Needed

JulesB

Do we have any Fugees in the South East, around the Basingstoke area, that could help a young lad get a bit of work experience please?

My sister is a teaching assistant and looks after boys with Aspergers. One of them loves animals and is desperate to find some work experience with them (not cows).

This is what she says about him:

He has Aspergers but is clever, quite articulate, he has dogs, cats and chickens at home so knows what they need, I think supervision would be minimal and once shown the routine a couple of times he will be fine. He is a lovely lad. His mum would transport him as its only for a week within about 15 miles of Basingstoke. Someone from our department would arrange a pre visit to chat to staff and tell them all about him. We have also gone with students in the past and stayed with them during their work experience but I wouldn't expect him to need that.

I've been looking for bigger rescues with premises, ie. Dogs Trust and the like, and my sis has been on the phone relentlessly to various places but no one will take him :mecry:

It would be brilliant if anyone had any contacts in that area who might be able to help.