UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Are You Thankful For

JulesB

While I'm trying to think what my good resolutions are for 2011 (so many areas of my life that I must improve upon :rolleyes:) I thought I'd start a thread about things we are thankful for about the year just gone.

I am thankful for the time that I had with my soul dog, Princess Fairy Lurcher Tess. She was with us for almost a thousand days and left us in June 2010. Our time together was way too short, but even though she truthfully broke my heart I wouldn't have missed a second of having her, not for the world.

tess2-1.jpg

And I'm thankful that my bosses told me on the 23rd December that they are 'letting me go' otherwise I would have carried on being miserable in my job so it's the push that I needed.

And I'm thankful for the continued good health of my family and friends throughout the year.

And I'm thankful for the safe arrival of my baby grandaughter, Matilda :wub:

And I'm thankful that I'm part of the Fugee community, which is full of caring, funny, thoughtful, slightly mad and norty :D folk who work to make the lives of animals better :flowers:

This is a lovely thread JulesB and I love the photo.

I have loads of things to be thankful for because I am lucky to have a stable and happy home life and a lovely and expanding family - grandchild no 3 arrived safely in August. I also have good and supportive friends around me. Like JulesB, I very much appreciate the lovely, understanding and supportive people on here with all their freaky craziness, their sense of humour and their courage and spirit in the face of all kinds of adversity and most of all their love of animals. :flowers:

Totally agree with the Fugee community always being there, whether it's to support, laugh at, laugh with or commiserate with each other :flowers:

As far as the past year's concerned, it's been cr@p. Got made redundant in May and have been struggling to get any work at all since. I'm grateful that the pants job that I've got now and absolutely hate with a passion will provide me with at least a few pennies until I find summat better.

But what I'm really grateful for is the relationship with Sparky and Kiera, which has yet again developed; I don't think we've ever been this close. I love them SO MUCH!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just before Xmas I saw a post from a friend on their facebook page, saying how he was gutted that a staffy, that he had helped transport to a "safe" fosterer, had to leave the fosterer again ASAP, as he didn't get on with the resident dogs - by the sounds all down to not having been properly introduced. Poor little Staffy was down south, and I'm up in Manchester, with no hope of ever introducing another dog in my house anyway. Went ahead and posted him all over my contacts pages anyway and lo and behold, a lovely lady down south saw it and was able to help out. Little Staff is now in a dream of a foster (? really? :wink:) home. Through all the sh1te of last year, this is something that made my 2010 end on a high and something that I'm truly grateful for :)

I am very grateful that a routine scan in October found the growth in my brain - the surgeon told me it would have killed me in a few more weeks :ohmy:

So although I hate the constant rehab and assistance that I now need I am extremely grateful to be here to need it :biggrin:

I am also thankful that my wonderful hubby has been there every step of the way :wub:

I am thankful I decided to start the TTouch practitioner training in 2010. Not only have I met some incredible people, and spent 12 of my most relaxed days ever at Tilley Farm, and discovered something that really resonates with me. I also got to meet Talyn - I will be forever grateful that Tina at Tilley Farm convinced me to volunteer to foster him, and I'm even more grateful that ESSW agreed to let me foster and then keep him. He has taught me so much this year.

I am thankful that Syd is still with us and seems no worse for wear for his little episode in November. I really thought I wouldn't be bringing him home when we rushed to the vets that day.

I am thankful that I have been able to spend time with some special people this year. A few in particular have shaken my world up a little and I'm trying hard to follow their advice. So much so my new job starts in a couple of days. It isn't a huge leap (still in same company) but when the opportunity came up I figured I should take it. I'm still not sure how it will all pan out, but I'm trying very hard to just go with the flow!

I am thankful for my boys and the fact they are so good when we're out on walks. This year is the first that I've been able to walk Taffy and Beau right past the cows without them batting an eyelid :wub:

I am thankful that I was referred to a lovely lady doctor who has helped me enormously :wub:

I'm thankful that my son now has his wife and adored son back home with him (even with the addition of disabled widowed ma in law!) and thankful that none of my many and varied health scares have turned out to be too serious! I'm permanently thankful for my lovely husband, last year and every year....without his strong support and love I think I'd have chucked in the towel by now :biggrin:

I'm thankful that all my friends and family stood by me and gave me support through a very deep depression. At the time I could easily have alienated everyone. I still find it difficult to communicate with people, but I'm through the worst.

I'm also thankful to my GP who referred me to a fabulous councellor, Jason, who did so much to sort out the mess I was in.

There's lots more....but I don't think The refuge would like an "OSCAR" type speech. :laugh:

I'm thankful for being alive; that my health has improved enough that I have been able to work again - I was devastated when I was told previously that I would never be able to go back to my fledgling nursing career; that I have the two most wonderful daughters in the world, who are so very special and caring; and that life in general has settled down into a more stable pattern after the previous two years of upheavals :biggrin: