UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Would You Do Differently If You Were 20 Again?

Spins4me

I would have lived away at uni, I feel like I missed out on so much because I lived at home. As such I struggle to have relationships now as I just don't know how to deal with people on a personal level.

I think mine would have been the same. I feelo I missed out staying at home. I wouldnt change my course at uni even though it didnt get me anywhere but if I did something else I wouldnt have met the people I did and wouldnt have the friends I have now.

The first thing that leaps to mind is that I wouldn't have married husband no 1 :rolleyes: - I was very young, only 19, and totally sure that he was the one ..............................................................

but if I hadn't married him I wouldn't have the two most wonderful daughters in the world now - so I guess things do happen for a reason :biggrin:

At 20 there's nothing I'd change, before that there's a few things that I might think I'd change but if I did then who I am would completely change and I'm not sure I'd want that - hard to tell really because what I went through had an enormous impact upon me for a long time quite negatively but I came through it and am a far stronger person than I ever knew I was or could be. But at 20 I met my hubby and 28 years later we're still together, we bought our first house and were preparing for our marriage the following year & my beloved GSD Sabre came into my life my soul dog who will never be forgotten :wub: so nope I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you :flowers:

I know this isn't my thread - but if your life still stayed the same as it is now are there things that you would have liked to have done or not done in your 20's?

I'm having to have a really good think (difficult I know, bear with me :rolleyes: :laugh: )

The only thing that honestly springs to mind right now is being able to avoid the pain that I caused my first Husband (and myself) when I decided to leave him but that would have meant that we didn't love each other which simply wasn't true.

I'll be back later if I can think of anything else.

Oh, maybe learning to drive a bit sooner than I did (I was 27 when I passed my test) I think I would have enjoyed the extra freedom and independence that gave me, but I suppose what I never had at the time, I never missed (if that makes sense?)

Difficult this...if I could go back even further, I'd not date, let alone marry, the man I did at 18..but then I wouldn't have my two lovely children. I only married to get away from a very overbearing controlling mother, if I had the time again I'd have stayed into the sixth form at school and gone in for journalism. My whole life would have been different then, and I probably would never have met my present husband, who I love to bits...so on the whole, it's worked out alright :biggrin: